Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how the "nuringburg" suspension differs from the standard set up on the 55. I have emailed AMG on many occasions and nobody has answered or is it just a clever marketing ploy!

Also how do the Brakes differ ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
16 Posts
The 30 performance package has substantially stiffer suspension and is lower. In addition the front brakes are much larger.
SLK55 AMG Performance Package (Option Code 030)
* Alcantara AMG sport steering wheel
* Carbon fiber trim set
* 176 mph (280 km/h) top speed (electronically limited)
* AMG "Nurburgring" sport suspension system
* AMG "Compound" braking system
- AMG Compound front brakes (standard)
- AMG rear brakes: compound rotors with AMG 4-piston calipers
* AMG 18-inch twin-spoke multipiece alloy wheels with high performance tires
- Front: 7.5 x 18 inch 225 40 ZR 18
- Rear: 8.5 x 18 inch 245 35 ZR 18

·
Registered
SLK55AMG
7 Posts
I think you can add this setup to your existing car through amg but it costs about £8000. amg did email me back with the cost to install.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the two replies, I suspected the Suspension would be stiffer, how much lower is it? Have they changed any of the componenents?

I pick up my car in two weeks so bit late to ask these questions but the alloys and steering wheel were my reason for getting it anyway.

With regards the brakes arnt all the 55s with compund brakes?

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
152 Posts
I have seen a number of reviews on the performance package and they all said the same, a waste of money. After all what's the point of upping suspension, brakes, wheels etc with no more power!!!!! [not that it needs anymore ]
The brakes on the SLK55 are already superb and the suspension is prefect as it gives a great ride without you loosing your fillings. I just can't see the point of it.
Upping the BHP a bit and fitting a limited slip diff, then it might be.
Other than that, just buy the wheels.

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
300 Posts
adf3786 said:
I have seen a number of reviews on the performance package and they all said the same, a waste of money. After all what's the point of upping suspension, brakes, wheels etc with no more power!!!!! [not that it needs anymore ]
The brakes on the SLK55 are already superb and the suspension is prefect as it gives a great ride without you loosing your fillings. I just can't see the point of it.
Upping the BHP a bit and fitting a limited slip diff, then it might be.
Other than that, just buy the wheels.
The wheels have been the biggest complaint among people who got the 030 package. They are the same dimensions, but significantly heavier than the standard '55 wheels. The consensus seems to be that the biggest bang for buck way to improve the performance of a '55 is to put more rubber on it, and wider, lighter aftermarket wheels are a better option than the wheels that come with the 030 package.

The brakes are bigger, and have the same type of composite construction. However, the stock brakes are very, very good - even among the most avid hot lapping members of this forum, nobody has had a complaint about the standard '55 brakes.

For less money than the 030 package you could get some great after market wheels, an LSD, headers, exhaust, ECU tuning, etc. and get over 400HP and be able to actually put it down.

·
Registered
07 GL450 PE, 06 SLK55
341 Posts
lennyr For less money than the 030 package you could get some great after market wheels said:
He has it right!..... The only performance upgrade other than more power that this car will be happy with is more rubber and a LSD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts