Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anyone else with a W638 have a problem with wind noise that seems to be coming from the side edges of the windscreen?
i thought it maybe the door seals but when the noise is there there is no of any draughts getting in through the door seals, its not a major problem but its just bugging me, any thoughts?:confused:
cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mattp94, How did you get on with stoneboy's suggestion of removing the wipers temporarily and having a drive, or is it too cold still for the noise to appear?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's still too cold at the moment and since the warm sunny days/hours always catch me by surprise I haven't yet managed to do any scientific type testing on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt my noise is there any time off year wipers on or off, just a thought has your vito ever had the windscreen replaced?
mine has but before i owned it so dont know if the noise was there before, gonna try a few things with gaffer tape at the weekend so i'll keep you posted,

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Vito was a couple of years old when I bought it so I'm not sure of the history but it hasn't had a windscreen replacement since I've owned it. Good luck in sorting yours out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was disappointed with the wind noise on my v220, bought 12 months old. There is a lot of plastic trim with sharp edges and gaps round top of windscreen and where roof rails fit. I bought a tube of gutter sealant and filled all the gaps and there was some improvement. Not a total solution, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts