Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML350, 2013 C300 4MATIC
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an '03 ML350 over the weekend and enjoyed the 10 hour drive home imensely. She needs a few things sorted out, starting with the central locking system. Key fob does not work, replaced the batteries but could not get it to program with the manual instructions. The key will unlock the driver door but does not actuate the other doors. The console locking switch will lock all of the doors but will not lock the driver door if it is ajar. Rolling locks do not work.

Not sure if there is a relationship but the message center has no display, there is no buzz or beep when a door is ajar and the alarm system seems inoperative.

All the fuses are good, the relays seem to be ok. Where should I start?

This is my newest MB, I've enjoyed tinkering with 123, 124, 201, 210 cars that I have owned. Hope the technology has not surpassed my abilities.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,739 Posts
I bought an '03 ML350 over the weekend and enjoyed the 10 hour drive home imensely. She needs a few things sorted out, starting with the central locking system. Key fob does not work, replaced the batteries but could not get it to program with the manual instructions. The key will unlock the driver door but does not actuate the other doors. The console locking switch will lock all of the doors but will not lock the driver door if it is ajar. Rolling locks do not work.

Not sure if there is a relationship but the message center has no display, there is no buzz or beep when a door is ajar and the alarm system seems inoperative.

All the fuses are good, the relays seem to be ok. Where should I start?

This is my newest MB, I've enjoyed tinkering with 123, 124, 201, 210 cars that I have owned. Hope the technology has not surpassed my abilities.

Thanks.
It's a feature. Keeps you from locking keys inside.

Start with getting factory repair manual on DVD P-2700-163-05. Gain access to MB specific scanner and get codes from all systems. Most ML systems communicate using CAN network. Without access to that network you are at the loss. In complexity ML is about like newer W210.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you have the passenger doors open and hit the lock button all the doors will lock. your key and locks are working correctly except for the remote fob part. keep tryinig to progrm it or you may need a new fob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts