Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '99 C280 with the original head unit and Bose sound system. Ever since I've had the car (about 4 years) the stereo has only worked intermittently and will sometimes not work for months at a time. I've finally bit the bullet and ordered another head unit but wanted to make sure that this model would be compatible with my car before I go through with installing it. The new one came from a 2003 SLK and looks identical, at least from what I can gather, to the one currently in my car. Any word on whether or not it'd be compatible?

Thanks,

JS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried all of the other possibilities (replacing the fuse, resetting the unit, etc.) and it seems to be the unit itself. That said, the model no. of the new unit is CM1910.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I tried all of the other possibilities (replacing the fuse, resetting the unit, etc.) and it seems to be the unit itself. That said, the model no. of the new unit is CM1910.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
I cannot work with the model number, I would have preferred the part number "A...". Perhaps someone else can help with this.

I don't think you described accurately what happens with the HU, what does it show when it does not work etc. Couldn't it still be an issue with the fibre ring or lose CAN-bus wire or something like that? Or even the Bose amp (unlikely the amp if the HU display shuts off or freezes).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, basically what happens is it will seize up and no longer respond to the buttons so if it's set on a certain station or volume, it will stay that way for x amount of time. This last time it went over six months without working once.

Then sometimes when it does begin working again the buttons may be finicky or may even execute another function (ie turning the volume knob down will actually turn the volume up)

The part # is A 208 820 11 86

1 - 6 of 6 Posts