Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board:
This is my first post. I am asking your opinions. I am turning in a '01 330i Sport in a few months and I want to pick up one of the above cars. What are the pros and cons of the above in your experiences? Thanks for your help. [}:)]

·
Registered
2003 C32 AMG
2 Posts
I have '03 C32 & '02 M3 Conv.
As far as performace is rated, both of them handles very well. They are all fun at different ways. If you are looking to kick some ass on highways, I would suggest C32 since it picks up speed much quicker than M3; the brake pads are a con though, you gotta press it down quite firmly to feel it.
M3, on the other hand, is noisier than C32 - noth to mention the rear seats which are quite uncomfortable & since it's a real sports car, any bump on the road will get you hopping on your seats. If you are going for M3, PLEASE do not go for the SMG~~~ it's quite lame to drive a sports car with automatic transmission, dont you think?

Two thumbs up for C32 & M3

Hello Board:
This is my first post. I am asking your opinions. I am turning in a '01 330i Sport in a few months and I want to pick up one of the above cars. What are the pros and cons of the above in your experiences? Thanks for your help. [}:)]
[/quote]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comparison

J-
Thanks for the reply. Why do you have both? What is the comparison off the line for the M3 and C32? It seems on the highway, the C32 is better, however, how does the C32 run against the M3 on backroads and city driving? Thanks!
[}:)]

·
Registered
2003 C32 AMG
2 Posts
Re: Comparison

J-
Thanks for the reply. Why do you have both? What is the comparison off the line for the M3 and C32? It seems on the highway, the C32 is better, however, how does the C32 run against the M3 on backroads and city driving? Thanks!
[}:)]
The M3 belongs to my wife. She got it because she wants to beat my '01 S4. To better hers, I decided to go for C32. Sounds fun huh!

M3 corners very well ... you could be going at 45 Miles thru the ramp, and you won't hear any noises ... C32 is a nicer car to drive because M3 isn't easy to drive, transmission is quite stiff. Overall, either one is good, just don't try the "smg". :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J-
I had the SMG out, I liked the "blip" on downshifts, however, you are right, the rid...

J-
I had the SMG out, I liked the "blip" on downshifts, however, you are right, the ride is firmer than my 330i. What year(s) is your M3 and C32? Have you had any major problems with either? Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
I have two myself...

...an '02 55 cabriolet and an '03 C32. The cab is for weekends and the C32 for daily business commuting. Neither is useful in upper midwest winters, so my bad weather driver is an '02 GTI with four Dunlop snows.
I like both of my AMGs...these are my first two MBZ after a owning number of Audis and Porsches over the past ten years. Sorry, never had a BMW. The C32 is a more modern car than my CLK...and is marginally faster due to lighter weight. Better handling too. But on a good day, the cab is hard to beat, and the V8 torque is terrific fun. My C32 has Command, which the CLK does not...I can't say it really adds anything other than complexity. Both of my cars are stock except for 35% tint, AMG pedals, and AMG hood badges. Still with 17" wheels on both, but that might soon change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts