Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, just bought a black/black '03 C240 and I'm very, very excited. I will be making some aesthetic upgrades immediately and am hoping for some valuable insight before I plunge into this. I will be getting new wheels and lowering the car as the '03 sits high, especially in the front. I am looking at Eibach springs on Tirerack that lower 1.2" front and back. Is this worth doing? I'm buying 19x8.5 wheels all around and can't afford ANY rubbing. Will the 1.2" lowering and the 19X8.5's give me that nice, classy appearance that I'm looking for? Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just posted the same question a couple a days ago regarding lowering my 2002 c240.Check out a few posts below I have received some good advice.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
19" tires won't rub if you get the same diameter as you have now. Look for 30 series tires, they'll be the same diamter as the factory 17" on the sport sedan which is already lower than the C240 like you are trying to acheive. The reason some people have rubbing problems is they get the wrong offset (and it's not that easy when you go with such a low profile tire, it's going to have to be calculated for you to fit right). Also they lower a lot more than just Eibach's, they put coilovers and slam it 2"+.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts