Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500, base model, non-4matic, 1965 Shelby GT350, 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS, 1989 Honda RC31/GT647
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been trying to find these 2 parts for some time now, and I have ordered them 4 times from various M/B parts suppliers only to have my order cancelled due to non-availability.

I need:
1- Cable, linear compensator Q 682 0832
1- Standard install hardware kit Q 682 0463

Does anyone know where I can get these parts???

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,979 Posts
The linear compensator (and cable) are necessary only if you are going to use a plug-in phone, or an antenna coupler for a cell phone to connect to the car's bumper-mounted external antenna. If you are planning to use a puck-with-tail installation for a cell phone, you do not need either the linear compensator or its cable.

As mentioned in the How-To Guide for handsfree phones sticky in this forum (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1313173-how-guide-cell-phone-upgrades-plug.html#post2316567), MB has discontinued many "kits" under a single part number, but the individual components of the kit may be available. The sticky provides some sources for parts.

In the U.S. the 2003 and 2004 E-Class came standard with the CP-211 module, which combines the phone PSE and Tele-Aid modules. '03 and '04 E-Classes, even without the phone option ordered, have the CP-211. The sticky also explains details of that. Perhaps you are trying to replace a system that has been removed, or perhaps you are not located in the U.S. (it would be helpful if you would include your location, since equipment differs based on where cars were sold) but post #4 discusses it. Cars with the CP-211 were by far the easiest to add cellular capability. The sticky tells you how.

·
Registered
2003 E500, base model, non-4matic, 1965 Shelby GT350, 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS, 1989 Honda RC31/GT647
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I am misunderstanding the error I am getting.

I have a 2003, US spec, E500, non-4matic.

I have installed the puck and paired my phone successfully..The system continues to advise me that there is no phone present and the steering controls are saying the same thing.

The indie service center (I am in Guam, no M/B within 2000 miles) is stating the STAR has completed the update and my phone system "should" be working. The car did not have the phone installed when bought. I have added the cradle, puck, linear compensator..without the cable I do not want to run a phone telematics test through my STAR computer tester without having the compensator cabled up. I work RF all day so running an RF amp without the cable or dummy load attached is a good way to burn it up.

I now have a STAR testing computer and all associated interfaces on hand at home as well.

Am I missing something in the process? I just want my wife to be able to use her Iphone via steering wheel controls due to Guam having a cell phone driving law in place.

I have tried a few other alternatives, but they all fall short of expectations.

Any suggestions?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,979 Posts
You might email some of the sources of equipment in the first post of the How-To Guide thread in the stickies, to see if they may have the parts. Also, and I know this may be tough from Guam, you might be able to get the cable from a stateside salvage yard such as Potomac German Auto: Nations's Largest Since 1979 - if you try them, you are better off to email them rather than using the online catalog, which is extensive and frankly, difficult to navigate. Some other sources are at http://www.mercupgrades.com/Buying+Parts+for+your+Mercedes+retrofit+project-article-10.html

Also, I hope your indie installed a CP-211 PSE rather than a StarTac or TimePort.

·
Premium Member
amg g55 / smart fortwo cab ? / E500
66 Posts
Your car has the built in phone system no compensator needed , the car is not programmed properly turning on the steering whell is one third the job.Program the teleaid, the most ring in agw and then ICluster to phone present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts