Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of us wants to know the bose amp and MCS unit wiring diagram on the Fiber 03/04/05 ML so that we can do a DIY audio upgrade. I know my self is. Can someone share the wiring diagram if one is available. I don't want to start mess with electrical unless blueprint is available, otherwise, most likely I will short out the electronic circuit.

Thanks.

JM

·
Registered
421 Posts
It was all trial and error when I did it. I am not sure the wiring diagram is out there. I know the pin out for the 2000 ML on wolfgangs page added some benifit. I will keep looking for ya.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I put together a PDF file with some stuff I found on my service DVD. Though there is no way to post it here. If you give me an email address, I can send it to you today.

AC

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AC_ML, Look through the PDF, didn't find the diagram for the bose power amp connector.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
John,

I just sent you another attachment by email..

I combed the MB Service DVD and there was no specific reference to
the bose power amp connector. Though, I am hoping that the harness that
connect the amplifier to the radio will have a similar pin correspondance, and
the back of the radio plug has it's outputs described in one of the notes. I
wonder if that may help...

I wonder if somebody else have access to more detailed information...

AC

AC_ML, Look through the PDF, didn't find the diagram for the bose power amp connector.

thanks.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the PDF,, thanks. It is more about installation then wiring diagram.
can you take a look at the electrical session, they might have wiring diagrams in that section.
Thanks.
JM

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
John,

I just sent you another attachment by mail. It's a large PDF, and the component A3/12 (Sound Amplifier) is all the way to the left of the diagram. You need to pan the image around in order to see parts of it.. Let me know if this diagram is what you were needing... The sound amplifier diagram coordinates location is: 63/A

AC

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bingo, the diagram on the right hand side is the power amp. Looks like a 6 channel output according to the diagram.

What about the wiring diagram for the head unit?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
What part of the head unit..? The diagrams in the service DVD are not easily searchable, and they are all kind of partial diagrams around. I wish MB will add more logica ways to search for component diagrams..

AC

·
Registered
59 Posts
What part of the head unit..? The diagrams in the service DVD are not easily searchable, and they are all kind of partial diagrams around. I wish MB will add more logica ways to search for component diagrams..

AC
I am in the same boat ripping out my amp to put in an after market dvd 2 din, Can you email me the PDF you have on the pinout of the amp to,
Regards
Darren Bysouth
[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
ML500 2003 MY04 Radio replacement.

It is very easy, a lot of people and a couple of installers said it couldnt be done because of the fibre optics, (1) pull radio out, and hang onto plug on back and pick up power, Leave the fibre optic wire in the cavity in the dash.then (2)Also leave the fibre optic wire there also. remove amp from fire wall under windscreen, may need tin snips to cut tin bracket holding it up there, to get to it unscrew and remove kick panels above brake pedals, then locate the plug on the amp and unplug, pick up the speaker wires and wire to speaker wires on back of new radio. Join in your new amp, I bought a 4 channel amp 2600 watts of ebay for $100.00 works great, and installed it under the drivers seat. The only thing is you loose the little spaekers in the rear pillars and the sub under the passenger seat. I have a china 7 inch DVD CD digital TV bluetooth, am fm GPS the whole thing and it works great. Hope this helps.Any more questions email me . by the way I put mine on LPG as well so it is a s cheap as chips to run. [email protected] 200
Regards
Darren
AUSTRALIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a 2005 ml350 with thhe bose system and the fiber optics..i have after markwt stereo need to know how to wire it or where i can or can i get a wiring harness for it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
10 Participants
wallyo
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing