Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help installing the OEM CD changer in my new 2002 SLK230. I've got some limited instructions, so I've gotten as far as identifing the CD in and out fiber optic cables in the trunk, but can't find the power cable (should be black?) and there is no CD out cable from my head unit? Is this right or am I going to have to break down and take it to MB for install? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!<br>
<br>
-C

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought that the fiber optic cable (2-pin) on most of the late 99 - up are a plug & play application. Meaning that the only plug you should have to use is the small 2 connection plug.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the trunk two pin, but I still need to get power to the changer and can't find that cable. The limited info I've gotten suggests that it should be black, but there aren't any free black cables in my access panel.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at a couple of fiber optic units from a 2002 S-class and still am lead to believe that all you need to do is plug in the 2 connector plug and you should be up & running. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CL,<br>
I found the black 2-pin power wire under passenger side near top of front of center console, was very tricky to find as it's not behind head unit cavity. Good luck! (2002 C240)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi CL, Have you tried those?

http://www.leonoff.net/pages/slkpages/slkmain.html<br> <br> or another one<br> <br> http://mbslk.de/indexe.htm<br> and go into The accessories and Tips <br> and click Continue to the Menu <br> then look for Installing CD-Changer.<br> <br> hope those will help you out.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to thank everyone for their tips. After lots of digging, I found all the cables I needed and am now up and running with my CD changer! Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAS ANYONE FOUND AN AFTERMARKET CHANGER FOR THE C240?- ONE THAT NEEDS AN ADAPTER PERHAPS?<br> ALPINE, PIONEER, KENWOOD ETC?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts