Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of having the exhaust resonator, beneath the driver's seat, removed for Father's Day on my dad's ML500. How loud will it make the exhaust, will it be something like a stainless steel exhaust sound or a glasspack exhaust sound? Will it mess with any of the settings or sensors? Will it mess with the ability to pass inspection? How much should it cost?

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
cost- 90 bucks the most...all theyd be doing is cutting the resonator out and putting a straight pipe...sound, you still have your mufflers, so itll sound beefier but not crazy loud at all

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
It will sound nice, but it is a bit loud at about 3k rpm. Better know if your dad doesn't mind it. It will sound good, just don't like Ml3addicts Brabus mobile.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
Your dad might not like the added noise. Ml is noisy as it is. Sounds like a gift for yourself, not the father. It's like buying an xbox for your girlfriend, knowing she'll never play it.

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my dad has mentioned that he thinks the ML would be much nicer sounding with a stainless steel exhaust. He used to have an 86 Mustang GT, and he loved the sound of that. I wish there were some side by side comparison of the two exhausts through the RPM range. Will it be an irritating sound or more of a throaty, ballsy sound at higher revs?

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
1. if he had an oldschool mustang,. im sure he wont have a problem with it....its not as loud as dumbass pointfag is saying it is. that dumbass doesnt even own an ml

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
i dont have a brabus ml, i just have the chip...still dont understand what your hating on, plenty of people on this forum dont have ANYTHING brabus and they throw that badge on..what is it pointfag? im still trying to comprehend what your deal is...do u have like a 98 ml and ur too poor to upgrade? WHAT IS IT

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
addict -

Watch yourself.

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
ml3addict said:
i dont have a brabus ml, i just have the chip...still dont understand what your hating on, plenty of people on this forum dont have ANYTHING brabus and they throw that badge on..what is it pointfag? im still trying to comprehend what your deal is...do u have like a 98 ml and ur too poor to upgrade? WHAT IS IT
I don't understand what you are so upset about. You showed pictures of your truck, I saw a Brabus badge and asked about it. You got defensive and started name calling. You need to relax, or get a permission slip to play on the internet.

Calling me poor is suppose to get me all worked up? You got me. I am crying in my cardboard box, using my neighbors internet connection, all while I have my shitty 98 320 Brabus crayola edition parked next to me. You owned me good and thorough.

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
whatever man. youre real fuckin funny let me tell you pointfag. if ur not poor you must be lacking something major in your life. youre 30 and always on this forum with nothing to show for it...ur old enough to be my fucking parent and for the past couple months u go out of your way to try and call me out on something u dont have or whatever u wanna call it? fuck u and ur shit. simple as that.

thanks talleric for the advice. im watching myself!

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
ml3addict said:
whatever man. youre real fuckin funny let me tell you pointfag. if ur not poor you must be lacking something major in your life. youre 30 and always on this forum with nothing to show for it...ur old enough to be my fucking parent and for the past couple months u go out of your way to try and call me out on something u dont have or whatever u wanna call it? fuck u and ur shit. simple as that.

thanks talleric for the advice. im watching myself!
Name play, intelligent. Why I am lacking something in my life for asking asking you about a proud "mod" you made on your expensive self purchased mercedes?

And what makes you think I am so old?

"Couple" of months? Has it been that long? You have been avoiding my question quite vigorously. Well done junior.

Please tell me that you are in high school, cause I don't see any other excuse for your "intelligent" choice of words.

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
never ignored u i had that question answered many times throughout the forum by other peoples. its just your dumbass who keeps asking it. and no im not in highschool

·
Registered
2004 Black BMW M3 Track Car & 1981 5'10 Brunette, 34C package
7 Posts
you guys are priceless! i shouldn't buy a benzito... i might get lumped in with you guys!

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can we please leave this banter for an OT forum. I am still curious what the realistic affects on the O2 sensor and any computers might be.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts