Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 CL600
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would see if anyone had this issue: No rear lights are working on my car. Taillights, turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights. Not sure what happened but they dont work at all. Weird thing is they don't show up on dash as not working. There is a couple of other glitches like fuel gauge is not working, windows are not coming down and up when opening the door. But my main concern at the moment is the brake lights of course.

In any case, I wondered if anyone had this issue in the past and might know what the issue could be. I have not started to look yet but plan too this weekend. Wondered if there is a junction box that may cause an issue, fuse or fuse block that I need to look into. Maybe a connection that may need reseated or cleaned and reseated. If I leave the battery connected at this time it will drain the battery over a couple of days.

I did take to a mechanic and they hooked up to machine and found 4 modules were not communicating. So obviously that is an issue. However, I thought it weird that everything would be working fine and then suddenly this much would go wrong within a couple of days. I have had MB in the past but not really had these kind of issues.

Oh and one more note: a mechanic had mentioned possible ground issues. So i wondered if there was a main ground for the rear lighting. Thanks.

·
Registered
02 CL600
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to note. The system check showed issues with the follwoing modules:

Distronic
Parktronic
Tire Pressure
Rear control

Not sure what any of those would have to do with the lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts