Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'02 W211 E270 CDI, '01 W210 E240,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gearbox on my E270 has been performing very strangely lately. While driving-mostly setting off- it will immediatly shift up into a high gear and remain there for some time, this means hill starts are a bit of a chore. To try and overcomethis you either had to override via triptronic or accelerate and hit the kickdown switch. Last week however it has become even worse, refusing to respond to the kickdown switch. When I tried overriding with triptronic it downchanged ,revved up and there was no power at all. So I had to drive home slowly.

Any help at all would be much appriciated as I dont really want to cause any serious damage to the gearbox. Also is there anyway to reset it - procedure or diagnostic tool?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
Check the fluid level/filter.

Was the fluid/filter changed at 65,000km?

You may also want to take a fluid sample and check to see if there are any abnormaly high wear metals.

DB

·
Registered
5 Posts
please check your catylitic converter it may be blocked in its exhaust capacity namley the second cat muffler when it is blocked every thing goes haywire as the muffler should run at 900 deggees and when it is not driven it clogs and nothing cgoes put a boom handle through it blow out the pieces

·
Registered
2003 E220 CDI
3 Posts
I have a '03 220 CDI and live in Spain........lots of mountainous roads. 206.000 Kms on the clock. The auto gearbox works fine when cold, but once heated up is reluctant to shift down from 5th. gear unless the pedal is "floored". It then "tugs" in 4th........

Turbo has been cutting out at times, which is "corrected" by stopping the engine and on re-start the turbo will again start working..........two parts changed so far (550 Euros)
plus labour (700 Euros)

Two of four re-call defects corrected last week free at MB, the other two require car to be left at dealer for a coule of days. Recall defects 6 years old ???

No trouble with my 201's (2.0 and 2.5)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem E270CDI

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem. i have a 2002 Merc E270CDI with +- 196000kms. recently we noticed that the vehicle would change to the highest gear and the kickdown doesnt respond. I also see mild amounts of smoke coming from the exhaust. The problem seems intermitent. some days its fine. No fault codes were found in the memory. Please help im really desperate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Help needed

I just bought my 2003 E220 CDI with 22000 miles n having same problem with turbo which cuts in whenever i go uphill and have to stop n start the engine. on normal roads its fine. first the dealer said turbo boost sensor is faulty so got it changed but still same problem. then he scanned again n said turbo is over boosting so it cuts in whenever too much revving so have to leave d car to do some turbo adjustments. since u also had same problem plz let me know which parts u changed ?? m really upset since its been under 1 month n can't solve this problem.
thanx in advance
I have a '03 220 CDI and live in Spain........lots of mountainous roads. 206.000 Kms on the clock. The auto gearbox works fine when cold, but once heated up is reluctant to shift down from 5th. gear unless the pedal is "floored". It then "tugs" in 4th........

Turbo has been cutting out at times, which is "corrected" by stopping the engine and on re-start the turbo will again start working..........two parts changed so far (550 Euros)
plus labour (700 Euros)

Two of four re-call defects corrected last week free at MB, the other two require car to be left at dealer for a coule of days. Recall defects 6 years old ???

No trouble with my 201's (2.0 and 2.5)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts