Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chaps,

I'm considering a '02 CL600 with 42K miles - not CPO - in mint condition.

I had plenty of problems with my '97 S600C - wiring harness, transmission, mirrors, etc - and traded it in for a '06CLS55. After a while I got disappointed with the CLS55 and sold it. I still have a '95 E320 from new.

The above mentioned CL600 is being sold by an independent dealer for $28K and it is not CPO.

What are the pros and cons of the '02 CL600, please be honest with me.

Thanks much in advance.

Kind regards,

Orazio

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
the pros are its a fast car with a great interior, thats it.

now the cons, very very expensive to maintain. repairs arent cheap, and when i say aint cheap i mean IS NOT CHEAP. the cl and s 600 are the costliest cars to own. when it comes to oil leaks, the repairs excede thousands of dollars. when you start experiencing misfire issues, the cost of one coil is $900. thats if where you buy it sells it that low.
unless you buy an extended warranty, stay away from the car. the engine is what kills it. the 137 and 275 engine were a poor design.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
the pros are its a fast car with a great interior, thats it.
Great exterior, great ride too. But these guys are right about the extended warranty. Owning a 600 without one is nearly suicidal.

Maranello, what did you not like about your CLS?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive been driving benzs for over 10 years. I bought a 2002 cl600 2 years ago. I dont know if it is just the one I got, but this is the Worst car I have ever owned. In 2 years I have put over $15,000.00 work into it. God forbid a month goes by without a problem coming up with this car. my advise, as a owner of the car, dont buy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts