Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 ML 320, 02 C240
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister will be getting out C240 in a few weeks as her first car. We did not purchase it with the Bose package or a CD player or anything, so we are currently in the market for a cd player. Are there any suggestions or problems with this? I have heard rumors about MB being real bad with electronics becuase of how stubborn they are.

The reason we are looking to isntall an aftermarket CD player is becuase mercedes wanted a crapload of $$ to put in their CD player. If any of you know how this can be worked around and make the car look as OEM as possible, please holler. I'd love to make the car look like it came like that rather than have a flashy head unit.

The unit that came with the car says CD on it, so I am assuming all it needs is a CD changer? I'm a newb in this so all help is appreciated.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
The best mod for any W203 is the Audio 10 CD from Europe made by Becker. It sounds way bet...

The best mod for any W203 is the Audio 10 CD from Europe made by Becker. It sounds way better than the Audio 30 Cassette which is standard with or without Bose has a CD player and is plug and play. Search the forums for more info and Steve is comming to the U.S. and he brings a bunch with him and also the Command systems (navigation). His forum id is MBenzNL.

If you go aftermarket consider Alpine as they are the only one I know of that has the steering wheel adapter. Also Metra makes a bezzle kit and wiring harness adapter.

As for the CD Changer, only the MB unit will work and fit right. Becker makes a unit but it comes out to the same price. Check AutoClass.net for lower prices on CD changers and make sure to get the bracket and fiber cable.

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
or try crutchfield.com

Has your sister bought the car already. If not then I would work a deal with the dealer into getting the CD-changer thrown in the deal. It probably cost them half as much.

Otherwise try Crutchfield.com, they carry CD-changers that work with your radio, but are expensive though. You can also get an Audio 10 which is the euro radio and comes with and in-dash CD-player. It works with all the steering controls etc. The only catch is that you'll have to find someone to sell you one with a code (i.e. EBAY) or here in the forum. New ones are too expensive in my opinion.

Congrats...

Robert

·
Registered
01 ML 320, 02 C240
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. We've had the C240 for about a year now, it's just it's going to be her first...

Thanks guys. We've had the C240 for about a year now, it's just it's going to be her first car and she wants a CD player. Will probably go Alpine just so we can keep the sterring wheel controls. Any suggestions on which Alpine unit? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts