Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car a month ago. Whenever I use the sunroof it leaves a permanent indentation on the sunroof that slides back with the window. Has anyone experienced this problem?<br> <br> There's also about six inches left of the sunroof window and the edge. It seems to me that it should open further.<br> <br> I plan to take it to the dealer next week but wanted to get any information out there beforehand. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't quite understand...

What do you mean by an indentation in the cover? When and where do you see it? Give us more details, I'm sure somebody here can help you. I've never noticed any problems with our C240's sunroof, I haven't opened it in a while but I'm pretty sure it opens all the way. I bet there's something out of alignment with your sunroof.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explanation

I hope I can explain it better this time.<br> <br> I'm referring to the cover for the sunroof window that is the same color as the roof interior. It moves back with the sunroof when I open it and I manually have to close it when I close the sunroof window.<br> <br> This cover has a crease going all the way across the width of it. The crease is located at the position where the cover and window stop when I open the sunroof.<br> <br> As I said earlier, it also looks like they both should open further. There is more than an 8-inch gap between the opening for the sunroof and where the sunroof and cover stop (when supposedly fully open). I don't know if this is the problem. I'm guessing there is something sticking up too far for the sunroof to move completely back which causes it to stop at this point and also makes the crease on the cover.<br> <br> Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question...

Does the sunroof cover slide all the way back when the sunroof's closed? It should slide back to where it's about even with the end of the sunroof glass, there will still be about 4' the cover showing. It definitely needs to go in for service. While you're at the dealer be sure to look at several other Cs to make sure yours operates the same. Good Luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it slides all the way back when closed.

I do have to manually close the cover though. I believe I read in the manual that this is normal.<br> <br> I have my car at the dealer now and they say the crease is not normal. In case anyone is interested or has a similar problem, I will post their explanation and solution when I find out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: What's the latest?

The dealership ordered a new shade/cover for the sunroof. They tested the sunroof mechanism and couldn't find anything wrong or anything obstructing the shade. They are thinking it may be warped or bent a little, so they're replacing the shade today with a new one.<br> <br> I sure hope that is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts