Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, so I searched and came up with a few things on this, but none were paticulary conclusive.

In the threads I found some that said it was only available on "Bose" models, but then I found that supposedly all C230's had "Bose" models. So I thought I should be able to adjust it from there....but I can't.

Just an aside, the owner's man. says you should access it from the AUD soft key, then press EXT and be able to adjust for Driver, Speech, or Ambience, but its not there???

SO....

1. Is the Audio Tone Level Adjustment only for "Bose" models?

2. Do all C230's actually come with "Bose" units

and

3. If so, then what is the secret to accessing the Audio Tone Level Adjustment?

Aaron

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The Ambient settings are only on Bose equipped cars. Not all 203's have Bose. Bose equipped cars will have a Bose logo on one of the speakers. For coupes, the logo is on the left forward door speaker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got an C240 and it is not equipped with Bose. However, the digital screen is showing (when on radio option) SP (on the upper left corner) which I assume is for "speach". Does anyone know if I could change this to another option? V

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,951 Posts
Bet your owner's manual would tell you about it.

Also bet you'd get a better response if you told us what year your car is, and what continent you live on - it can make a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts