Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been having some issues with my 02 C230 coupe sunroof. In the beginning it use to open and shut fine. Next it started to make a grinding sound. Then the other day it just won’t shut. I started to investigate the issue. The black moon roof screen works fine, opens and shuts. however once it switches over to the sunroof motor it opens a little and jams and you hear a continuous grinding sound like its burning up. Then you have to manually close it. I think I need a motor. Does anyone know how to replace one?

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Nathan I just had an issue with a spring loaded part on the side rail. Moon options were fine but it would jam when it tried to open. I was however able to close it.

It seem that part breaks often and unfortunately it a whole rail part assembly. I ended up taking mine to a autoshop place that specialized in window/ sunroofs. it may be offtrack as the rails need to be greased and mine seemed like it was closing with effort.

Im new to C230 as I work mostly on classic Fords so good luck and let me know what it turns out to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts