Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had delivered my new 2001 E55 a couple of weeks ago. This is my third AMG, previously owned the C36 & C43.<br>I am impressed by the looks and preformance, although my intial impressions are the car is not nearly as sporting to drive as the C43. The AMG engineers have taken away the communicative tight feeling of the previous AMG models. And Automobile Magazine lastest issue discusses the CL%% and S55 with the same impressions.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scott,<p>Congrats on a wonderful car! I am still waiting for delivery on my '01 E55.<p>But because of COMAND, looks like i wont be getting it until Dec. =(<p>Could you tell us how the ride and handling is? <p>Also, is it possible for you to post pics of your beast? What color combo did you get?<p>Thanx in advance and enjoy!!<p>Ryan<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Scott,<p>Congrats on a wonderful car! I am still waiting for delivery on my '01 E55.<p>But because of COMAND, looks like i wont be getting it until Dec. =(<p>Could you tell us how the ride and handling is? <p>Also, is it possible for you to post pics of your beast? What color combo did you get?<p>Thanx in advance and enjoy!!<p>Ryan<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: Had delivered my new 2001 E55 a couple of weeks ago. This is my third AMG, previously owned the C36 & C43.<br>I am impressed by the looks and preformance, although my intial impressions are the car is not nearly as sporting to drive as the C43. The AMG engineers have taken away the communicative tight feeling of the previous AMG models. And Automobile Magazine lastest issue discusses the CL%% and S55 with the same impressions.<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: : Had delivered my new 2001 E55 a couple of weeks ago. This is my third AMG, previously owned the C36 & C43.<br>I am impressed by the looks and preformance, although my intial impressions are the car is not nearly as sporting to drive as the C43. The AMG engineers have taken away the communicative tight feeling of the previous AMG models. And Automobile Magazine lastest issue discusses the CL%% and S55 with the same impressions.<p><p><p><br>There was talk of a "new" command center...do you have one or two screens on your MY2001 E55 ?...I've got one screen in the normal position and none in the Speedo section (as my S500 has)...My son has C43 and I agree that the suspension and steering is much stiffer and better feed back...of course the E55 is a softer ride and greater acceleration...<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts