Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car to the car wash, and after they finished cleaning the interior, car went into limp mode. It will not shift higher than 2nd gear, CEL on, gear display on dash blank, when put in drive cannot put into park unless you shut car off and restart. Using scantool.net get error code P0705 and attempted to clear error to no avail. What do I do next, without having to take to the dealer? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
Mercedez Benz E320
161 Posts
I have the same problem with my E320. Difference is:

a). Can shift to 'P' without putting pressure on brakes
b). The pixels wont display whether its on 'P' or 'D' or any.

I will busy an OBDII scanner.

Your error code read" P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)"

Ask the expert, as I have no idea what that means.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Wow, the original post dates back to May 8th!

It sounds like some liquid was spilled into the shift gate apparatus and your TCM (transmission control module) is wet. You will need to dry it out and hopefully that will solve the problem. Your car is a W210, so go to that forum and check the stickys at the top of the page for the step-by-step instructions.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Wow, the original post dates back to May 8th!

It sounds like some liquid was spilled into the shift gate apparatus and your TCM (transmission control module) is wet. You will need to dry it out and hopefully that will solve the problem. Your car is a W210, so go to that forum and check the stickys at the top of the page for the step-by-step instructions.
Yeah the mod was asleep on moving this one, what a slacker. ;)

As I recall he did post in the non-amg and was helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts