Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz E-350 (Sax Fifth Ave. - Key to the Cure) 2007 E550
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One minute the Audio system is working fine the next minute I hear a little static in the speakers and the Display on the radio goes blank. Everything is working fine. The radio and cd changer works fine. The instrument cluster displays "Audio Off" while the system is playing. All the control buttons on the radio and the steering wheel work fine.
Can anyone make any suggestions on how to get the displays working again???
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2007 SLK350 with the AMG Sport Package
5 Posts
Did anyone ever reply to your request? I had this same problem on my '07 SLK350. I took it in to the dealer and they did something to fix it. The service writer told me they had replaced the "gateway," whatever that is. The service ticket said they had "removed and replaced fuse #64" and that everything had then started working. I have no idea what they really did but it is working now.

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,490 Posts
This has just happened to my 2000 E320 today. Does anyone know the fix? I've looked in my fusebox for a "fuse 64" but can't find fuses that high. I replaced the 25amp fuse that controls the radio (number 15 I think) but that didn't make any difference.

·
Registered
2002 E320 4Matic
89 Posts
blank radio display in W210

One minute the Audio system is working fine the next minute I hear a little static in the speakers and the Display on the radio goes blank. Everything is working fine. The radio and cd changer works fine. The instrument cluster displays "Audio Off" while the system is playing. All the control buttons on the radio and the steering wheel work fine.
Can anyone make any suggestions on how to get the displays working again???
Thanks!!!
Recently a had a similar but not identical experience in my 2002 E320 (standard radio plus Bose, no nav). The CD was playing, all seemed well, but i glanced at the radio display and there was nothing there, just blank, no message. CD continued to play and I think I tried changing tracks or volume and the controls worked. I switched off the power and then turned it back on, display came back. Curious. Probably will happen again and can't be good news.
Interesting that there were very few repsonses to this old post....maybe that means it does not happen very often. (Naive hope!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts