Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..so I have searched multiple sites and multiple forums for this exact problem and I can't find anything...some similar problems but nothing like this.

So I noticed that the siren doesn't BLARE when the alarm is tripped (I opened a door from the inside), just the lights flash. So ok...I assume then that the siren needs to be replaced, so I remove it behind the right passenger wheel well and noticed that it and the connector is pretty scummy so I clean it up and plug it back in to see if that had anything to do with it. So then I go to test the alarm again (opening door from inside) and BAM..Ear Piercing siren is wailing in my ear..I then press the unlock button on the key to make it stop. So I procede to lock the car again..wait 10 seconds...and open the car door again from the inside..........and no siren, the lights are doing the rapid flashing but there is no siren at all. I have come to the conclusion that once unplugged and plugged back in, the siren will only sound once the next time the alarm is tripped and won't work any other time. I am trying to figure out if this is indeed the siren or something else in the alarm system like a relay or something....Can someone please give any advice they may have. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jason

2001 C320

· Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
There was mention recently by one of the MB service techs who posts here that they have replaced a lot of sirens. The siren does have an internal battery that can go bad and eat the electronics inside of it. Did your car always beep on unlock? Mine didn't until it was recoded by a tech replacing an alarm module for another fault. I actually don't like the chirp and next time I have to go to the dealer for something I will get them to remove it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car has never chirped on lock/unlock. Does the chirp sound come from the siren? I did have the seat drain problem and had the rear sam replaced, however, after having the sam replaced, the panic putton on my key no longer sets off the alarm (or just flashing lights in my case).

Now I know that when your car is set to the Netherlands setting via the Star Diagnosis system, the car will chirp on lock/unlock but the panic button on the key will no longer function. Sooooo..did I get the new sam module put in that already had it set to chirp but I just can't hear it because the siren is garbage???
Oh yeah and I opened up the siren and it is a nasty corroded mess! The battery inside it is dead and there appears to be blown circuits on the circuit board (Im guessing from the water that was in there)....I believe it is the siren even more now but I want to be sure before I drop $160 at Portland Mercedes.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.