Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W203 - C240
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Pioneer MVH-P8200BT head unit. FYI my stock was not Bose. This is a pretty sweet unit, full ipod/iphone integration, bluetooth, AM/FM. No CD player so I left my aftermarket CD changer in it; the control unit to my CD changer is custom fitted in the ashtray.

Heres some pics...

The sound is a bit better than it was with the stock head unit.

Enjoy

·
Registered
106 Posts
do you have the bose emblem on your speaker grille and tweeter's from your stock system. B/C i purchased my car used i got an 02 and i dont know if i have a bose system or not, i do have a stock sub in the trunk i think an 8" which leads me to believe i have a bose system

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,231 Posts
If you don't have Bose logos on the speakers, then your probably have the standard audio system, which means replacing with an aftermarket system, is easier. To make sure, check under the panel in the trunk floor, between the back seat and spare tire. If you see any electronics under there with Bose on it, then you have Bose. If not, you will find a Motorola box (if you have TeleAid), and some orange fiber optic cables that are not terminated.

·
Registered
W203 - C240
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have the Bose....I bought this unit from a local store, but you can find it on the internet almost anywhere that sells Pioneer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts