Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything else works but this, no warnings, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Won't raise from where? Is the car fully down, or will it just not raise form normal driving height to its higher setting?

·
Premium Member
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sits and drives at its normal height, it just won't raise up any higher than normal setting.

·
Premium Member
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When pressing the button to raise the car the dash says vehicle raising but it never does. All the other buttons work the components as intended but this one.

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
Does the display "car raising" go out after 8-10 seconds after activating the raise button?

Have you done a scan for errors?
There could be a problem with the speed sensor since the raise function is cancelled at certain speeds. Something to think about.

·
Registered
s320 white
68 Posts
I had similar situation just before my compressor packed up. it would run the car on normal height, but if i press the button to raise it- the display would show- car raising, but i cannot hear the compressor running, and no actual raising.

A week like that, and then it wouldnt raise to the normal height at all.

Compressor changed and the car raised like never before.

·
Premium Member
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car raising light stays on forever and nothing happens.

·
Registered
W210 E290td(sold) W210 E280(sold) W220 S320(sold)
4 Posts
hi, i worked by mb, and have driven a s320. i had the same problem.... 1 week later i had to buy a new pump. I replaced the pump and everything was functioning again. By using the stardiagnose, it is possible to check the pressure. my pump was also a little bit noisy.

·
Premium Member
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Where is the pump located? Not near the car right now to look.

·
Registered
W210 E290td(sold) W210 E280(sold) W220 S320(sold)
4 Posts
hi, the pump is located on the passengers side wheel fender. take the wheel off, and than the plastic cover. on the top of the compressor (pump) is a valve block. when you buy a new pump also check your relay. you can also read the encyclopedia (on this website) and you'll see your are not alone on this one . be sure you have the new (hella) one.
Please buy two relay's, you might need one as a reserve. There are not so expensive.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
hi, the pump is located on the passengers side wheel fender. take the wheel off, and than the plastic cover. on the top of the compressor (pump) is a valve block. when you buy a new pump also check your relay. you can also read the encyclopedia (on this website) and you'll see your are not alone on this one . be sure you have the new (hella) one.
Please buy two relay's, you might need one as a reserve. There are not so expensive.
and check for leaks, both are pump killers

·
Premium Member
43,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the advice! The car doesn't leak down, at least it hasn't in the last two weeks without being started once. The shocks stiffen still when that switch is pressed in either position, so I guess ye ol' pump is just getting a bit too weak to raise the car when that particular switch is pressed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts