Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 ML 320 has been experiencing the rapid lock/unlock issue: power locks cycle when attempting to lock the door, accelerating above 5 mph, and drivers side of car locks out-of-sync with passenger side.

I had noticed the mechanism sticking when trying to manually lock the front driver's side door so I replaced the actuator (see http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w16...cing-front-door-lock-actuator-machine-16.html ), but that hasn't fixed the problem. Interestingly, the newly installed actuator wont lock, either manually or electronically, when the door is open. It does lock without trouble when the door is closed.

Does anyone know what the issue with the central locks or the new actuator could be? It's entirely possible that I've made a meal of the lock replacement. Is there a way to localize the problem with the central locks without knowing the fault code from the car's computer?

Incidentally, if anyone wants to simply live with this issue, The power locks can be disbled by removing fuses K20, K23, & K24 from the box in the engine compartment. Unfortunately this isn't a practical longterm solution as the tailgate can only be locked/unlocked from the inside.

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,438 Posts
Try reprogramming the locks: Put the key in, turn it to 1st position, hold the 'unlock' button for 10-seconds, and that will disable the rolling locking mechanism. The button will still work, of course. Return, repeat the procedure with holding the 'lock' button for 10-seconds and they should be re-synched up! Or leave the system off if you like!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried resynching the remote, but it turns out to have been a bad fuse F42 that was causing the problem. Replaced it and everything runs smoothly again.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,983 Posts
I thought the design was setup so that the drivers door can not be locked with the door
open. I can't lock the drivers door on my ML, E500 or my VWs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts