Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am in need of some troubleshooting advice. I have a 2000 c230 with 37k miles on it, hardly used but is now my daily driver. Last few months when putting the key in and turning the engine over, it sounds "tired". Takes longer for the engine to catch and kick on. Best as I can describe it.... There is no issue with power. Acceleration is still good enough to peel tires :eek: Smooth as silk at at stop lights, but.... starting sounds pretty weak. Checked battery, has a good charge and cable looks like new still. I am thinking I have some kind of electrical issue somewhere for 2 reasons: There was a small leak from the sunroof several months ago, enough to make the car inoperable until the transmission gear shift contacts dried out. And there is a warning bulb that recently popped up on the dash, the symbol looks like a sun - basically telling me there is a bulb out somewhere, funny thing is, the directional's, brake and head lights all work fine. I am thinking that maybe there is a section of high resistance in the starting circuit. Any advice?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts