Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys with a 2000 to 2004 SLK 230 I need a very SIMPLE favor. Can someone with a camera and tape measure take off thier air box off and measure the diameter of the 2 (intake and outlet) holes located on the air box along with a photo of the bottom inside outlet part. I need the measurements of the inside of that part as well. It looks like a Johnson on the side of the bottom of the air box. Since my last name is Johnson I cannot offend anyone right. Since I always somehow seem to anyway oh well. If I have get in line and don't expect much.

I hope photo helps. Along with the right Green Cotton air filter it will work with the right mods like the ASP Racing crank pulley. The top outlet should be close to 2 3/4" which is close to 70MM. I really need the diamater of the intake piece. The diameter of where the air box connects to the hosing and the size of the inside of where the intake dumps the air into the air box along with a photo of this area. Thanks guys. I have to order a new airbox but am hoping to get started before it arrives.

Do not know if it will out perform the cold air box I have worked on but I think I have come up with an idea that just might as the 2nd gen 230's have such an easy air box set to much with but nobody has really done it except this idiot in San Diego!! Thanks whoever helps with this simple task! Also is the flat panel air filter 9" X 9"?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the measurements I needed along with the photos but I need one photo. Can anyone of you take off the top of your airbox, remove the air filter and take a photo of the airbox looking downward. That is all I need. I have the rest. Thanks in advance guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts