Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 300E 2.6
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tested a few of my climate vacuum pods and have two that are in need of replacement. (Recirc and defrost) Obviously I’ll replace all of them, however as y’all might’ve figured I’ve hit a snag.

Of all the parts that shouldn’t be NLA, these pods should not be. I’ve found everything but:

124 800 02 75
124 800 11 75
124 800 09 75

The only pods that are currently broken are 1175 and 0275.

Does anyone know of a way to repair or replace these things? If there are any other pods that can be scavenged for parts? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,048 Posts
Have you tried contacting the MB Classic Center in Irvine, CA? Many parts that become NLA at the dealer level are usually still available through the Classic Center.

The Classic Center is THE place to get vent pods for the R107 SL for example.

·
Registered
04 odyssey (265k) 1995 E320 wagon (295k)
2,903 Posts
There's posts somewhere where people take the bladder's from available pods and transfer to thier nla broken ones

·
Registered
1992 300E 2.6
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried contacting the MB Classic Center in Irvine, CA? Many parts that become NLA at the dealer level are usually still available through the Classic Center.

The Classic Center is THE place to get vent pods for the R107 SL for example.
I’m waiting to hear back until after the new year, but I don’t have high hopes.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,242 Posts
Damn....well, we're going to have to learn how to rehab them with new diaphragms robbed from something. They can be tested thoroughly with a vacuum gauge/gun before re-install.

I guarantee that Jay Leno has hit this brick wall before.....and more.

Kevin

·
Registered
1992 300E 2.6
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn....well, we're going to have to learn how to rehab them with new diaphragms robbed from something. They can be tested thoroughly with a vacuum gauge/gun before re-install.

I guarantee that Jay Leno has hit this brick wall before.....and more.

Kevin
So long as we can figure out a way to repair rubber that flexes as much as these do, we’ll be in good shape.

I can’t replace anything until I get this all figured out, and this sucks tbh.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,242 Posts
My guess is that out there somewhere on the Net is an industrial/meter/gauge supply place or another kind of entity that has just diaphragm material.....in different thicknesses even. When you think about all the things that use rubber/neoprene diaphragms....someone supplies that stuff....probably even cut to size too.

Kevin

·
Registered
W124
4,832 Posts
Hey, necessity is the mother of invention. On the W123, the door lock vacuum pods go bad, unlike on the W124. I used to repair them with one finger cut off a Nitrile glove. Worked for years. So don't give up there just might be a way to DIY these. As for the Classiche Center, I contacted them for NLA catalytic convertors for my W210. Still waiting a year later for them to call back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts