Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D-Turbo
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I’m the monkey responsible for the Ol' Diesel-Benz car hole www.dieselbenz.info . I claim not to be any expect of any kind, and I need some help here in my next “getting way over my head project” :)

I’m trying to make my next guide (before it gets too hot and I can't explain away my love for the open air to my girlfriend) by replacing my A/C Compressor and Dryer and replacing the expansion valve (if you convince me I really need to, otherwise it’s just the o-rings that will be replaced). My A/C compressor died last year fall (started horrible rattling on a road trip, had to cut the belt to not go insane).

I now have a new:
A/C Compressor (with oil)
Dryer
Freeze 12 with cables and gauges (though I don’t know exactly how they work)

And now I’m looking for the right *SIZE* set of O-rings and anything else I’ll need. I have this handy guide which I will be using:

How to Repair Your A/C

and I hope to improve upon it with part numbers and more in depth for those slow to mechanics, like myself.

I need to get some more O-rings for the expansion valve AND Dryer (6) Nobody can tell me how many of what kind:

140 997 06 45 - A/C O-Ring - 8 x 12 x 2mm - GreenRec. / Drier to Expansion ValveRec. / Drier to Condenser
140 997 11 45 - A/C O-Ring - 9 x 13 x 2mm - GreenRec. / Drier Pressure Switch
140 997 07 45 - A/C O-Ring - 11 x 15 x 2mm - GreenFor Expansion Valve
140 997 08 45 - A/C O-Ring - 15 x 23 x 2mm - GreenFor Expansion Valve
140 997 09 45 - A/C O-Ring - 16 x 20 x 2mm - Green Expansion Valve to A/C Compressor

*Any* help, chastisements, directions suggestions will be heartily welcome.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts