Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 560 sel, 1981 380 slc,1978 6.9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spending a lot of time reading up on ABC system repair. My high pressure line burst.
I have a ‘78 6.9 and noticed that system has a fifth accumulator.
Would an accumulator mounted on the end of the dead end hose help the system wear?
- if you could find a place to mount it🤔

·
W220 Moderator
S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
5,777 Posts
Hi,

I have a pretty good knowledge of ABC having completed various repairs on many different Cars over the years :wink

I have a lot going on right now, so my ageing brain is in it's usual fried state, but I cannot think of a reason why that would have a negative effect, and I can see the logic in your theory.

I guess unless someone can give us a good reason why not, (and justify that reason with hard facts), then I reckon you've got to go out on a limb and be a pioneer here :wink:

The only thing I will add is, if you talk to any of the Plant and Equipment Guys, Hydraulic Hoses are regarded as Service Item, and dirt etc is the chief enemy of Pumps, Valve Blocks and Piston Seals (Struts), so perhaps it would be wise to install a remote and better filtration system.

I do know that regular Hydraulic Oil and Filter Changes, and absolute "Surgical Cleanliness" before and during opening up the system for maintenance definitely improves the longevity of items like Pump, Valve Blocks and Struts !!

HTH,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts