post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2018
Vehicle: 2010 GLK 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
LOW BEAM LED CONVERSION

Anyone out there done a conversion to LED lights on a GLK? What lights would you recommend? Any DIY suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2015 ML250 BlueTEC, 2015 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2006 CLK500 Cabriolet
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to dealerss
I just swapped out the useless factory halogen bulbs on my 2015 GLK250 with some LED's I bought on eBay for $24. I put a link below to the ones I bought. It is a HUGE difference! I now need to do a little tuning/aiming/adjusting to make them perfect. I also bought some bulbs for the DRL/highbeam but they did not fit so I returned them and ordered some more. I will also note that there was no need to remove the headlight assemblies or remove the front wheels and inner-fender liners to change the bulbs - I just removed the dust covers, popped out the old ones and put in the new ones. There were no clips or anything in/on mine as I have seen others mention in other threads. I posted a photo that I took immediately after I turned them on and realized that the bulb on the right was spun a different angle and therefore causing the different brightness/glare. I have them even now. No one is flashing me like they are too bright, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xentec-LED-...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GLK250 LEDs.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2464757  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2018
Vehicle: 1985 500SEL
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealerss View Post
I just swapped out the useless factory halogen bulbs on my 2015 GLK250 with some LED's I bought on eBay for $24. I put a link below to the ones I bought. It is a HUGE difference! I now need to do a little tuning/aiming/adjusting to make them perfect. I also bought some bulbs for the DRL/highbeam but they did not fit so I returned them and ordered some more. I will also note that there was no need to remove the headlight assemblies or remove the front wheels and inner-fender liners to change the bulbs - I just removed the dust covers, popped out the old ones and put in the new ones. There were no clips or anything in/on mine as I have seen others mention in other threads. I posted a photo that I took immediately after I turned them on and realized that the bulb on the right was spun a different angle and therefore causing the different brightness/glare. I have them even now. No one is flashing me like they are too bright, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xentec-LED-...72.m2749.l2649
I just switch standard pre-facelift fog lights for the LED DRL. Now I have some white LEDs on the bottom and yellow headlights on top. Are the headlights you linked plug and play/ direct fit with no additional wiring or resistors needing to be added? Do they present any fault notifications after install?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2015
Vehicle: 2005 CLK320
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Benzo View Post
I just switch standard pre-facelift fog lights for the LED DRL. Now I have some white LEDs on the bottom and yellow headlights on top. Are the headlights you linked plug and play/ direct fit with no additional wiring or resistors needing to be added? Do they present any fault notifications after install?
I could not find any that do not trigger the warning message, I found sombody that was able to change the setting in the front Sam via software to disable the message for the low beams and lower amp setting on the high beams.
Way better then burning of the power with resistors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2015 ML250 BlueTEC, 2015 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2006 CLK500 Cabriolet
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to dealerss
Quote:
The ones I bought on eBay and put the link for do not cause any codes or errors. They were plug and play. The LED lowbeams are working perfect. I will say I have messed around with the angles the bulbs are "spun" to in the headlight housing. I have found that having them "spun" to the horizontal position (= flat so that the LEDs on the bulb face up and down and not left/right) has been the best position and closest to the stock beam pattern. No one flashes me and I have driven behind my wife and friends at night and I was not blinding them.

I have not been successful in finding DRL/highbeam bulbs that I like yet so I am back to stock in for my DRL/highbeam bulbs.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

HOW DID YOU GET THEM IN???
I spent the last hour trying to get the holder to latch in with no success. before that i spent about 30 minutes trying to get it in with the metal connector and the bulb assembled.and this is on the easier access passenger side. no matter what i do the metal connector will not go on and stay latched in. it is driving me crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealerss View Post
Quote:
The ones I bought on eBay and put the link for do not cause any codes or errors. They were plug and play. The LED lowbeams are working perfect. I will say I have messed around with the angles the bulbs are "spun" to in the headlight housing. I have found that having them "spun" to the horizontal position (= flat so that the LEDs on the bulb face up and down and not left/right) has been the best position and closest to the stock beam pattern. No one flashes me and I have driven behind my wife and friends at night and I was not blinding them.

I have not been successful in finding DRL/highbeam bulbs that I like yet so I am back to stock in for my DRL/highbeam bulbs.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Member

Well. I was definitely confused about which lamp turns on with the daytime running light. its definitely the outer bulb and not the highbeam lmao. that explains why it didnt want to go on and stay on. New problem is that when i connected the HID bulb into the harness, the bulb started blinking after about 30 seconds and then went out completely? did it do that to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > X204 GLK-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in