BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 11 Plate Sprinter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Sprinter Service Reset

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I couldnt find anything on the search. The only thing I could find was links to OBD factory but they don't seem to list which specific vehicles the products work for.

I have an 11 plate UK Sprinter that is flashing at me constantly about needing to be serviced. It is serviced at an independent garage but they can not reset the light for me as they do not have the diagnostic equipment that MB have.

Would MB Service Reset this be the correct tool for what I need to reset the service indicator on my van? I am getting a little confused with the 16/36 pin/obd-2 connections and don't know which one I should be looking at!

Also, where is the connection on my van and is it really just as easy as plug it in, turn on the ignition and then pressing the button?

Thanks you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2011 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymwoods View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I couldnt find anything on the search. The only thing I could find was links to OBD factory but they don't seem to list which specific vehicles the products work for.

I have an 11 plate UK Sprinter that is flashing at me constantly about needing to be serviced. It is serviced at an independent garage but they can not reset the light for me as they do not have the diagnostic equipment that MB have.

Would MB Service Reset this be the correct tool for what I need to reset the service indicator on my van? I am getting a little confused with the 16/36 pin/obd-2 connections and don't know which one I should be looking at!

Also, where is the connection on my van and is it really just as easy as plug it in, turn on the ignition and then pressing the button?

Thanks you for your help!
Hi ymwoods

Its a long time since I needed to reset my van my self, but there used to be a way by pressing buttons on the dash, sorry cannot remember, have you looked in the handbook ?
The other question is why did you have it done at a independent garage ? as MB are doing free servicing for five years or 60k miles (which ever comes first)

PS just googled this:

To reset the service light (spanner) on 2006+ Sprinters.
Switch ignition on and wait for spanners to go away.
Press and hold 0 button on left of dash till you hear a beep, (take finger off button).

Switch ignition off and back on and check for spanners, if spanners still showing start again.
Radiotwo

Last edited by radiotwo; 03-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 11 Plate Sprinter
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your reply!

The reason I have not got it serviced at a main dealer is because the van is leased from another company and as such services etc are free anyway but I must go to their own specified garage (decent guys down there but they are cheap, hence why) For me, due to the use of the van, its cheaper to lease and then throw it back at them every 3-4 years just before it starts to fall to bits and problems develop. The service light being on for them is not a problem with the van and so not something they will fix, but for me it annoys the heck out of me as im constantly starting and stopping the van all day.

I have tried your instructions below but I have had no luck. Before coming here I also had a google on the issue but no such luck either with any other methods as they all seem to be for the older sprinters.

Also, you speak of the spanner icon, mine is the one with the screen in the dash so a spanner does come up with the words "Service due in X miles" but then goes off after 10 or so seconds (even without engine on, just ignition on) holding down the "0" button just resets the trip computer even if I change the screen over to messages so it shows the spanner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 01:36 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2011 316
Did you hold the button down till it bleeped ?

Radiotwo
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: Sprinter
on 906 with 3l turbo push 0 till beep about 30 sec then M scroll to reset option hold 0 till display 2 then press 0 should display Reset or Done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W901-906 Sprinter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in