LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Sprintshift problem on a 416 motorhome

Hi, I started my 416 Sprinter based motor home yesterday, first time in a couple of months, drove off down the road for a weekend away and noticed it was in manual not auto. Tried to select auto, no auto. Manually changed gear ok - but only to third. So turned round and went back home
I checked fuses and relays, all seem to be ok.
With the engine running and with my foot on the brake, I get "N" "1" and "R" , with-out the foot brake the "N" does not flash when trying to select a gear.
With-out the engine running I can select "N" "1" "2" "3" and "R", the hydraulic pump is running and is switching on and off as gears are changed and I can hear the gears being selected.
The engine will rev to 4000 rpm, I think 3000 is the limit for limp mode, or is there a separate limp mode for the gearbox?
The van is a 2001 with low mileage < 40,000 miles
Is this a known fault / problem or do I need it plugged in and the codes read?
Sorry my first post is for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 316cdi 2002 and 319cdi 2009
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi when my old 316 (2002) did this it was the hydraulic pump unit on the gear box not producing enough hyd pressure, think it has a safe mode which only allows manual selection and only to 3rd, kinda like a get you home or to the dealer mode.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks DBtransport, I'm hoping to get it plugged in soon.
I will post the outcome and the eventual fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Well, I had my van plugged in and the error codes read. The current one was hydraulic pressure reading -11.0 bar. The diagnostic said open / short circuit wiring or faulty pressure sensor. The pump was cycling on and off and gears were moving 1 - 3, so there must be some pressure.
I took the connection off the sensor and tried metering out to ground, results were, 5V, 0V and 0V and no shorts between wires. Refitted the plug and tried the gears again.
This time, I get all 6 gears without the engine running, with engine I get the N flashing when I try a gear without the brake, with the brake it goes into A :-)
The plug looked clean, but, I shall go round all the plugs and sockets with some contact cleaner.
So, I'm hopeful that this has fixed the problem.
Thanks to DBTransport and I hope this may help others.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2010
sprinter 216 gearbox problem

Hi I have a problem with my sprinter 216 year 2000, sprintershift 6 gears.
The first time happen when the gearbox fuse start burn ( 40Amp). I replace the fuse and the car was ok but few hours burn another one so I'd replace quite a few, then I went to the garage and him replace the relay after few weeks the fuse start burn again and him said that the problem is the gearbox control unit that could cost me £500, he did some thing with another motor as well which was cleaning the brushes and replace the fuse of 40Amp for one of 60Amp, since that I don't have any problem with fuse burn, but after few weeks my car start stop the gear when I press the accelerator a bit harder, ex: when I am going uphill or on motor way I have to drive very slow otherwise the gear doesn't go down or up and consequently make the engineer stop. When this happen the I start the engineer again but the gear start pull out when is uphill, I have to wait few minute then become ok again. And another problem is after all this happen I few a lack of power that is make me afraid to press the accelerator pedal hard.
Please help me because I don't want sell this car for a scrap.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 05:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: Merc sprinter 316 CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbsuki View Post
I took the connection off the sensor and tried metering out to ground, results were, 5V, 0V and 0V and no shorts between wires. Refitted the plug and tried the gears again.
Hope your sprintshift is working ok still

Just a quick question! Where the hell is the sensor so i can check mine as i have the exact same problem as you did.... Sorry but sounding dumb but i'm not mechanically minded lol.....

Simon
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Hi Simon, well, yes it is working now, but it was a faulty pressure sensor after all. The sensor has to be bought with a manifold and accumulator. The sensor is numbered 145 in the m.mycat.jpg
MB part A2095530010
Item 140 (including 145)
If you do change it, release the hydraulic pressure first by disconnecting the power lead from the pump "part 100" and then with the ignition on select forward and reverse gears until the pressure has gone.
Good luck, Ian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m.mycat.jpg
Views:	11803
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	395783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electronics.jpg
Views:	3673
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	395784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydraulics.jpg
Views:	4771
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	395785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Standard & SEQUENTRONIC.jpg
Views:	3304
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	395786  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: Merc sprinter 316 CDI
Question

Hi Ian, thanks for the explanation and diagrams. Had a local indy come round to do some work on the van and he checked it over, plugged it in and found i had a tail light out, changed it and hey presto no problems with the g/box now. These vans are too technical now, light out and puts it into limp mode WTF!!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:35 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2015
Exclamation Relay position A0025425919 and A0025427419

Is there somebody who can tell me wich position these relays fit in the Sam module from a clk 200 kompressor

All help is welcome thanks

The main problem is my sequentronic won,t shift anymore after the 40 amp fuse burns out
So i,ve been told to check both relays and if these relays been allright then replace the hydraulic pump INCLUDE relays
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2016
Hello, In my MB i dont have automat option, Gears 1-6 N and R are fine, But A doesn't work. Can you help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W901-906 Sprinter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in