MB SPRINTER CDI PROBLEMS? ASK HERE - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please can any help I have just strugled back from Romania in LIMP MODE now i have read the the threads I now before I tri the only thing I did was change the brake light bulb but i never imagined it could of caused so much gref, but i also have another prob when i start driving power steering is grand after doing 2/300 mile the steering becomes very hard to turn if I stop for a while then start again its normal then it becomes hard again Please does any one have any help.. Thank you Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 2002 MB Sprinter 313cdi LWB 9 passenger
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please help! I have a 2002 Sprinter313cdi LWB passenger van with an electrical problem. When it rains really heavy the entire electronic system shuts off and will not come back on until the rain has abated. What could cause this?
post #23 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Post Need Help Sprinter 313 Injector Carbon Buildup

Hi

Every 10,000 Km or so, severe carbon buildup occurs around the injector seats on all the cylinders. Seems like there is substantial pressure leak through the injector.

Last time seals were replaced and injectors properly fitted, yet solid carbon buildup again. Diesel used is of good quality and don't have problems with other vehicles. Perhaps a badly designed clamp system that holds the injector in place? Vehicle reaches a point where it doesn't start because pressure leak through the injector seal. Is it possible that the wrong size seal is being used. Parts are always bought directly from MB Agents.

Help
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Question SPRINTER 313CDI 2.2 TURBO

Hi, I have a 2005 MB Sprinter 313cdi 2.2 Turbo that has recently developed a start/stall problem. If the van is parked for 10 hours or more and you try to start it it starts as normal but then stalls. Then you need to crank it for about 30 to 40 seconds and it sounds like it wants to go and finally starts and runs as normal. If I start it any time less than about 10 hours it starts every time an continues to run. It has done 35,000 km and had the fuel filter replaced (after this problem arose)
To me it seems like the fuel is syphoning back to the tank. There are no visible fuel leaks.
Any Ideas? Richo1953
post #25 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

sprinter start stall Richo1953

SPRINTFIX

Hi again mate, well the guys at the shop found a faulty o ring and low pressure fuel return line on my sprinter which was alowing fuel to drain back to the tank.
They have put another o ring on the pipe and ordered a new fuel line. I'll let you know what happens when they put the new one on.
Regards Richo1953
post #26 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I am in the process of swaping a 2003 2.7 from a sprinter(us-dodge) into a 93 land rover defender110. I have the engine in the rover made an adapter to run the rover trans. But I am having a little trouble with the ECU and harness. If anyone knows someone that can custom build harness/ECU(stand alone or mod stock) please let me know. I can make it work but I have a deadline to meet and my brains do not measure up to the time left. If I can make this into a stand alone system there is a growing market here in the states for these sprinter engine swaps. Thanks for any help. Lee
post #27 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Smile Sprinter Start Stall Richo1953

Last Friday 23rd May I had my Sprinter 313 into the Benz workshop to find out why it was starting then stalling. They found a faulty O ring on the low pressure return line to the tank and a faulty line. As they didn't have a new line in stock to keep me going they put in a new o ring and ordered a new line yet to be fitted. So far the Benz hasn't missed a beat starts every time and keeps running. So it seems that the fuel was syphoning back to the tank as I suspected. It amazes me that one Benz Service Centre found the problem and anothe didn't. But that's life I guess.
Bye for now
Mike (Richo 1953)
post #28 of 212 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
311 Limp Mode

We have three 311 CDI's ranging from a W plate to an O2, two of them have a habit of dropping into limp mode if being worked 'hard' - by hard I mean carrying about 1 tonne and driving for about 6 hours.

On one of them if you simply switch the engine off and back on the engine reverts to its normal state and works fine, on the other you have to switch off, give it about 30 minutes and then restart and all is OK

Does anyone have any thoughts - in the current climate running them into MB for a diagnostics check is not top of list of things to do

Cheers
post #29 of 212 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2008
wiring loom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksa1977 View Post
problem is that engine shuts down when car is turned left. when stearing is turned straight engine starts again.
Just had my 2004 208 repaired by dealer-wiring loom either rubs or vibrates on engine mount-dealer re-wraps loom and tiewraps it down-hope this helps.
Plombier
post #30 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

2.7L cdi

I have a 2003 2.7L Sprinter turbo diesel engine that I placed into a 93 Landrover defender 110 two months ago. It has the wiring harness and ECU from the sprinter but the trans and everything else belongs to the rover. It cranks and runs good just is very weak and will only run 60 mph. I am assuming it is in Limpmode. I do not have a local dealer or have access to a scanner to pull the codes. But my thought is that it does not see the trans/speed sensor or gear selector and sends it to limp mode. Is there someone that can reflash the ECU to disable the limp mode? I know that will be removing the safty limits but would be the most pradical way to fix this problem. Any help would be welcome. Thanks, Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W901-906 Sprinter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in