BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Hi,
Thanks for reply, that is only independant workshop, i dont expect it for free but that is just to read code, no part of charge towards labour to fix etc.It was just if we could find out for sure and fit whatever part we needed ourselves without the wait or silly reading charge.
Sounds high for reading the codes, our MB shop does not ask that much. Reading the codes was silly only if you can be sure about the faulty part otherwise. If you aren't, then you easily end up swapping good parts and spend even more money and time.

If you are sure it is one of the two, the car should start working fine without codes cleared. But it would be good to have the codes cleared anyway to help diagnosis next time, you would have a stored fault that may confuse diagnosis next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mb sprinter -00 213 cdi

problem is that engine shuts down when car is turned left. when stearing is turned straight engine starts again.
post #13 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Have you checked the engine wiring harness. Any wires that move when steering? Any sensor that moves when steering turned? Short circuits do not have to be visible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
hi can you please help
I have a 313 2003reg and I keep getting air in the brakes I have put a new master cylinder on and there is no leaks I can find "looked over it about 20 times” does not lose any fluid when I bleed the brakes I get a ton of air out of rear drivers side takes about 5secounds to reach bleed nipple .when I bleed the brakes the pedal is spot on and then just goes down hill till there is nun left I have dun this 10 times all I can think is air is getting in the abs pump some how
can you please help
I cant seam to find a s/h one with the same code on it and I don’t really wont to buy a new one for £1300
post #15 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: vito 120 cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksa1977 View Post
problem is that engine shuts down when car is turned left. when stearing is turned straight engine starts again.
have a look at where the wiring loom is secured at the n/s engine mount, common for it to rub through
post #16 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 316cdi 2002 and 319cdi 2009
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know what grade and type of oil should go into a sprintshift gearbox??
As MB just say they dont have a grade listed but do keep it on the shelf at £12/ltr and ill need 3.2ltrs!!!!!
post #17 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 01:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Hi there just bought a 02 311 cdi and driving it i have noticed that it dosnt really boost till about 2,800 rpm but goes like mad after that. If i hit a hill it just dies in fifth and if i drive it and rev it out in every gear it ok. If i dont there dosnt seem to be the torque to pull it unloaded as well. I put my scanner on ot and got two heater plug light codes which it stays on about 1 min after start and goes out. Also P1470 code is this boost control sensor on the left hand side on the hose? Would this make it drive like this or is that the way these drive? I was also thinking about remapping to bring it up to 130-140bhp?? Anybody done this? Thanks in advance
post #18 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

sprinter 311cdi problem

Hi,my van drives perfectly,with plenty power.But every now and again it loses power and wont rev past 3000rpm.When left overnight it resumes back to normal again and could be ok for up to a week.Any advice would be very welcome.
post #19 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
hope you dont mind??

i know you said sprinter but i got a baby sprinter Vito 110 cdi year 2000
do you know what this fault code means
P1636 and p0600...
i just done the head gasket on her (dont mean just, it took me about 3 weeks??)
had 1 injector recon and it blowing out black smoke THICK.
had it plugged in last night and they where the only codes to come up..and something to do with high pressure sensor which i have now changed..and still black smoke. any help ...thanks in advance mate
ian
post #20 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 04:08 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
year 2000 313 cdi

hi all
can any one help,central locking and elec window on ns door stopped working have replaced loom in door but still no action backlight on the switch on drivers door is missing just on ns switch and no red led on central locking switch.....did have wierd problem with not starting until major pumping of brake pedal then you heard a click and all was ok this prob never returned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W901-906 Sprinter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in