post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Chiefman

Hi,
I have two questions on problems concerning my 2015 Veto Diesel 114 Blue tech W447 van, any advice would be appreciated as the Merc dealer in France who looked into the problems, just charged me for a computer test and came up with an expensive replacement of the indicator arm below the steering wheel for the first problem and nothing for the second problem !!

First problem:- Windscreen wash does not work! everything else on the stick works including all the wiper functions and the single button press for the wiper (but no wash), no noise of a pump either! I have looked in the owners manual for the fuse for the washer and it doesn't list it!!
So my first question - where is the fuse for the screen pump ? There has to be one!
Why would everything on the stick work except the washer ?
Is there a problem with these sticks ?
How do I remove lower plastic covers to test the pump ? That I can see but can not reach and check if power is coming from button on stick ? Or is there a relay on this line ?

Second problem :- When the engine is cold or hot (no difference in noise) there is a distinct noise what sounds like (between) a gurgling and worn gearbox gears coming from the top front R/H drivers dash on acceleration, quietens down when I ease up on the throttle but comes and goes on deceleration sounding more like a worn gearbox !!!! The van has done just under 100,000 miles! I have had the air filter apart, cleaned and checked all hoses for splits, but found nothing except the air intake tubes before the air filter do not connect up! (at the side of the radiator) so the collector below the filter is full of dirt and grit which should not have got this far into the tubing!!! Have tried running the engine with the pre-filter tubes off, but the noise is the same!!! Could it be a turbo problem ? Or something else ?
Can someone throw some light on these two problems !!!
I would much appreciate any comments! Has anyone heard about these problems or had similar ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W447 V-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in