BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: 1977 Unimog 416 u1100 DOKA , 2010 E220 w212, 2015 Vito 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Factory reverse cam wiring

Hi.

Ive got a 2016 v447, because of the closing of fm radio in norway i've ordered a aftermarket 9" headunit.
(won't mind the big screen)

the new player has built in canbus decoder for steeringwheel buttins etc.

but: Quite sure the new player has phono plug input for the reverse cam.
also quite sure the factory headunit will have some other kind of plug.

can anyone here guide me to the correct wires I have to splice the phono plug into?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2017
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re:

Hello, same problem here. I'm thinking of upgrading my Vito with the Zenec Z-E4626 headunit. That one provides only usual RCA plug input for rear camera (as other aftermarket units do).

Any ideas how to make it working with the original rear view camera? I've made few photos of the original equipment.

There's an original Audio 15 headunit and rear view camera that pops out automatically when reverse gear is activated.

So far I've seen some adaptors for Mercedes OEM cameras that came always with some kind of programmer connected via OBD socket. Is this the case or is there just a usual CVBS video signal connected to the Audio 15 headunit?

Thank you very much anybody, I really need this information.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_095540_resized.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2144298   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_095228_resized.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2144306   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_094448_resized.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2144314   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_094429_resized.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	2144322  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: 1977 Unimog 416 u1100 DOKA , 2010 E220 w212, 2015 Vito 119
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
got it working!

Fakra E 6002 Green plug to RCA TV male Car reverse camera radio video 6" cable | eBay

fakra to rca connector and canbus interface that came with the stereo.. even got the guidelines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:05 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2017
Re:

Thank you very much for the information. I'm able to build this adaptor on my own so I'll give it a go. I was just wondering if there's a usual video signal from the cam or some other needed wires (power supply from the headunit etc.).

To be honest I'm surprised a bit it's that easy. Perfect!

BTW eBay says that adaptor has 50 Ohm impedance. CVBS video signal with phono plug should have 75 Ohm. Of course as long as it works nobody doesn't care...

Thank you!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 09:10 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Having just bought a 65 plate LWB Vito I was looking into adding the Becker Map Pilot only to find out there is no pre-wiring on the van. I'm on the lookout for an aftermarket system with a large as possible screen. What have people chosen to "upgrade" their system?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2018
Vehicle: 2017 Metris
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello, new member here from USA. Recently bought a new 2017 Metris/Vito with the Audio 15 head unit. Metris has the factory rearview camera and PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist but I have no guide lines (overlays). Do any of you know if there is a "engineering code" (button pushes) that open the factory set-up menu where I might be able to turn the guide lines on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 03:40 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2018
Vehicle: 2017 Metris
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Update to my original query (which seemed to go down the rabbit hole). The dealer kept giving me excuses to why I had no rearview camera guidelines (overlays)...like, "yours is a early version that didn't have them". Well every Owner's Manual, brochure and on-line configuration (here in the U.S.) from 2015 on showed that a rearview camera WITH guidelines was STANDARD. I even quizzed the MB Vans headquarters in Atlanta only to hear the same excuses as I was getting from the dealer. Very frustrating as I knew it was either a software coding issue or a wiring problem. Long story short, after a few trips back to the dealer with some soft prodding on my part...the dealer took my van in and checked the coding. What they found was the rear camera had been flashed with the incorrect VIN. The proper VIN was coded to the camera and the guidelines became active along with the birds-eye view van icon in the bottom right corner which displays yellow and red collision bars to match the dash and rear collision indicators (just like the Owner's Manual says it should).

There is no "engineering code" to program the Audio 15 manually. Set-up of any options must be accomplished by MB or if you happen to have aftermarket coding capability (if that exists at present). As a side note; when I would engage reverse, the rearview camera picture would very briefly show a "normal" view and then change to a wide angle view. After re-coding I have a normal (not wide angle) picture. Apparently the wide angle view is part of what you get if you have the trailer towing package installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8507 copy.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2387065  
sul and VitoManiac like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:23 AM
sul
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2001 vito 108cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormedhammer View Post
got it working!

Fakra E 6002 Green plug to RCA TV male Car reverse camera radio video 6" cable | eBay

fakra to rca connector and canbus interface that came with the stereo.. even got the guidelines.
been trying to research this but struggling tbh. i have a w447 vito with audio 15 and i wish to add reverse and front camera. all i need is this connector (or 2)?
and will any aftermarket camera suffice?. may even get the genuine camera if i get one cheap enough but i assume the wiring loom isnt fitted there for the genuine camera meaning i would have to take a line from the front to the camera?
sorry for all the questions but i would really appreciate any help with this as im worried im going to bump my van in this old age.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2016 Vito 116 Bluetec
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
does this cable allow rca coonection to after market head unit?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:53 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2016 Vito 116 Bluetec
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It sure does work with after market head units and factory reverse camera....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W447 V-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in