parktronic - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: E63AMG, SLK32AMG, Ferrari 348 Spyder, R350 Bluetec, Eagle Talon TSI/AWD, Jeep CJ7, Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
parktronic

My parktronic sensor is malfunctioning yet I'm not sure which one(s) it might be.

Does anyone have the correct part number? My yellow triangles are on in the mirrors too denoting my lane monitors aren't working either.

Thanks.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2014
Vehicle: '06 SLK55 P30, '12 R350 P2
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ive had pretty good luck with the aftermarket Bosch item 0009052402, Ive used three of them on two different R's. You can occasionally find them on fleabay for under $30. Rumor has it to avoid the Chinese unit, but for all I know the Bosch is made in the far east...

It replaces the MB# 0-263-009-637

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/...402-MFG14.aspx

The lane monitoring sensors may be MB only. I think forum member efzauner has discussed changing those. Maybe PM him and ask him to post about it on this thread.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: E63AMG, SLK32AMG, Ferrari 348 Spyder, R350 Bluetec, Eagle Talon TSI/AWD, Jeep CJ7, Mini Cooper
(Thread Starter)
I'm not sure I have lane monitoring. I simply have the sensors that help me park and not hit things or move from my lane to another while someone is in my blind spot. No shaking of the steering wheel etc (lane monitoring).

This may be a dumb question but how can I determine which parking sensor(s) are bad without paying the dealership to plug in?

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Lane monitoring is different from Active Blind Spot Assist. You have Active Blind Spot Assist if your side mirrors have little triangle warnings in them. They are activated by radar $ensor$.

Lane monitoring tells you if your drifting in and out of your lane, but I haven't seen an R equipped with it.

I don't think you need Star/Das to troubleshoot which of your parktronic sensors have failed. But you will need to have the car plugged into a quality OBD tool, something a good MB indy would have.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Yes, I do have the triangles in the mirrors. So the sensors (radar) for that are NOT the same as the ones in the bumper?

If they aren't, does anyone have a part number? I'm assuming only one of two could be bad if there's on in each mirror.

Thank you.

J
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

The Parktronic sensors that are the little round things in the bumpers. They are short distance parking sensors that light up the LED's at the front edge of the dash and on the headliner near the rear hatch. BTW the outside facing part of the sensor comes out of the parts box in black. So unless your R is already black, you have to paint them or you'll have 1/2 inch black spots showing on your bumper after you replace one.

Re: Lane Monitoring System

Unless I'm mistaken, there is one in each rear quarter panel and one in front. I changed laptops and my parts catalog was on my old hard drive. I need to transfer the program over so I cant help you on the PN#. You should be able to find a copy on line tho... Again, I remember that efzauner has discussed changing those. Maybe PM him and ask him to post about it on this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W251 R-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in