Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

B200T 2009 Boost Help!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hobbledehoyzz 
#1 ·
Hello,

I got the error codes P2261 and P0299. Bypass Valve Mechanical and Underboost Condition.

I have attached some live info about a drive with these error codes on.

Mercedes mechanic couldn't find problem and recommended replacing the entire turbo which I'm not going to do. I checked the air filter already and it looks fine.

I would love any help! Thanks!!!

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
How does the car pull? Did you notice a change in power around the same time the error showed up?

Do you think there's an actual boost issue, or maybe just a bad boost sensor? I think it was you that had another thread that said you heard a sound.

I still think I'd take it to an independent shop, like a place that sees lots of German cars with turbos. Every city has them.

edit: found a couple on google maps in Winnipeg, search term: "european mechanic"

Reactions: DEVOURS
#4 ·
The car pulls decently still. No mechanics around here deal with a lot of euro cars. I actually live about 300km out of Winnipeg in a rural area.

I don't believe there is a actual boost sensor, I think it calculates boost with the MAP sensor, which I uploaded live data for.

And yes, I just made a new thread because I got an additional error code. Also, about the sound, it sounds like pressurized air being released, like a very mild BOV, which this car doesn't have. It has a bypass valve(correct me if I'm wrong, but I think is the same as the Diverter Air Valve), so it reroutes exhaust back into the intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.