Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2019
Vehicle: 2013 S 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb 2013 S 350 incomplete readiness monitors

I have a 2013 S 350 300k but well maintained...recently replaced EGR, throttle actuator, DPF & air mass sensor..have driven 800 miles and still have HCCAT, NCCAT & PM showing not ready or I/C. There are no stored or pending codes but there are permanent codes for DPF filter and throttle actuator. I have read it may take two weeks for the HCCAT & NCCAT to close....anyone have any experience with this or some insight...Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2015
Vehicle: 1997 C280
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
You need to know the "Drive Cycle" for your Mercedes in order to clear your readiness monitors in the shortest amount of time. Google "Mercedes Drive Cycle" and try to find the one closest to your car. If you cannot find one, go to the dealer and ask for it. The drive cycle is a set of driving instructions that needs to be done in a certain order, certain speed for a certain amount of time. I have done this for my C-Class and I can clear them in about half an hour of driving around. You need to do this at a time of minimal traffic (like at late night time), otherwise you have to redo the drive cycle.

There is no reason to have your readiness monitor up and going unless you need to get a smog check soon. Also erasing codes with your OBD II scanner will cause all the readiness monitors to clear and not be ready, so try not to do that if not necessary. You will fail the smog check.

In California, you can still pass smog check if two readiness monitors are not yet ready. CA realizes it could take a long time to get them ready, like how you found out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2019
Vehicle: 2013 S 350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagpilot View Post
You need to know the "Drive Cycle" for your Mercedes in order to clear your readiness monitors in the shortest amount of time. Google "Mercedes Drive Cycle" and try to find the one closest to your car. If you cannot find one, go to the dealer and ask for it. The drive cycle is a set of driving instructions that needs to be done in a certain order, certain speed for a certain amount of time. I have done this for my C-Class and I can clear them in about half an hour of driving around. You need to do this at a time of minimal traffic (like at late night time), otherwise you have to redo the drive cycle.

There is no reason to have your readiness monitor up and going unless you need to get a smog check soon. Also erasing codes with your OBD II scanner will cause all the readiness monitors to clear and not be ready, so try not to do that if not necessary. You will fail the smog check.

In California, you can still pass smog check if two readiness monitors are not yet ready. CA realizes it could take a long time to get them ready, like how you found out.
Thank you for your reply I appreciate your insight on this..i am in NY and need to pass by Aug 5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W221 S-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in