post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 13 GLK350, 03 c320 wagon, 90 560sec
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Crack-Mobile

Fun story, sold my 03 s500 a little over a month ago. I had it in very good condition. Only issue was a small leak from the window washer reservoir. I emailed and left phone messages with them several times after I sold it asking when they would send my license plates back...no answer. Got a notice a couple of days ago that the vehicle was at impound, and that I was liable for it. Sure enough, they never registered the car. So I went down to sort it out. Turns out, it looks like they were some kind of petty thieves. The car was full of junk, several locked cell phones, lots of ID's, random clothing, lock pic kits, tons of charging batteries, and more than just a few signs of drug use, crack pipes, gram scales, etc...

So, they tic'd me off, I figured, what the hell, I'll cover the $900 impound fees and get the car back. Had the cops come over and check the car out, make sure I wasn't violating any laws. They took the crack pipe, checked the car for any police reports, and tried to run checks on any of the electronics we found for serial numbers, police reports, etc... Nothing came back, so I got their sign off that "it's now a civil matter".

I dug through it, tons of stuff in it. iPad, 6 phones, 2 apple watches. I haven't been able to open the trunk yet, waiting for a key. No clue if it still runs or not. Fortunately it had been unlocked so I could at least get in. Not only that, they left the bill of sale and title I signed in the car, so....it's my car. There's a new dent, and someone was clearly trying to break into the car at some point, so I have some stuff to fix. And we'll see if she runs at all after I get the key.

It could be a complete crap shoot, car might not run at all, they could contest my ownership. Though I'm willing to bet a court is the last place in the world they want to be. I'm not too surprised, they were a little shifty. If there's any way I find the original owners of the stuff I find, I'd love to get the stuff back to them, but we'll see.

So, as usual, there is always risk if you sell a car and don't report the sale right away. Since I had a copy of the bill of sale I could prove sale if needed. I've had people run up tolls and parking fees, and I've referenced the bill of sale so I wasn't liable. But this crack-mobile is a new one to me.

If she runs, and I can sort it out, I might sell it again as a beater, or heck, might just have fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190718_184427_HDR.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	2529204   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190718_184419_HDR.jpg
Size:	603.0 KB
ID:	2529206   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190718_184450_HDR.jpg
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	2529208  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in