Old 05-12-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: V220 Ambiente S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi,

Yes that is the reason I do all my Wheels Satin Black on the Back side.

I knew I'd find a use for the old Door I removed when I built the Workshop Extension, It's angled at around 130 degrees, Wheels are now south facing in the Sun all day since yesterday morning baking nicely

It's early here, so overcast at the minute, but Weather looks good all week, very very shiny yesterday with the Sun on 'em
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1877.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	2512202  
Biped, doni01 and fsb1284 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi,

Tyres fitted and balanced, and I managed to do all 4 without scratching / chipping the finish anywhere

Gonna take me a while to get used to the Gunmetal colour ....................

I can't go for a test drive yet as I've only got 10 of the correct length / type of Wheel Bolts, so currently there is only 3 Bolts holding each Front Wheel and 2 Bolts holding each Rear Wheel, I can drive it in and out of the Workshop but I wouldn't take it up the road like that, there is a new set of 20 Wheel Bolts in the post, but they didn't arrive today

I'm going to finish the Bi Xenon's install tomorrow, I have all the proper Plugs and Wiring Connectors from MB arrived yesterday, plus all the new fancy 5000k Bulbs etc, several different makes of H7's to try in the Full Beams and Fogs, see if I can get 'em to look "whiter light" like the Xenons

The Plugs and Wiring Connectors weren't cheap, just under 66 and that's with my discount , but at least it will all be done properly with the correct plugs etc

Piccies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1906.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	2515606   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1907.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2515608  
doni01 and Deplore like this.

Dave

Last edited by Dave2302; 05-25-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: S500 4Matic 2005
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2302 View Post
Gonna take me a while to get used to the Gunmetal colour ....................
Yeah I agree but since I like you I will do you a favor and take them off your hands

They look great!!!!!
Dave2302 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnksss View Post
Auto folding mirrors on lock and unlocking using convenience feature. (I'm trying to convert mine as we speak)
1 touch auto fold-in/out mirrors. (I'm trying to convert mine as we speak)
Hi,

Please let me know how you do this, I have been looking at achieving it with mine, I have a 2001 S500 to break for parts, that has working 1 touch folding, I currently suspect it is to do with having a different DCM, (perhaps it has had a replacement from a later Car), as I have tried various codings on my personal W220 to no avail.

The bug bear is my W220 has Heated and Cooled Seats, but the breaker car does not so I cannot use that DCM, but when I get time I might just plug it in and see if I can get the One Touch and Fold on Locking working, then if I can I'll look at getting the correct DCM, or it may even be that the Heating and Cooling Buttons can be swapped into the "1 touch" DCM I've not had one apart in a while

Mels C Class did not have this option, but it did have "one touch", I got that one folding / unfolding upon lock purely by Version Coding DCM, (and IIRC Dash Cluster, but maybe not it was a few years back now) !!

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by Dave2302; 07-20-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: Too many to list
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
The different seat heat buttons can be swapped into the Dcm
Old 07-20-2019, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi @tusabes

Thanks for that, I thought they could but was not absolutely certain as it has been a while since I had a DCM off a Car

So, swap the DCM and swap Switches, and then maybe just version code the seat fans function, so with any luck I should then have the one touch working and hopefully the Fold upon Locking feature can be coded from there

Cheers

Dave

Old 07-20-2019, 05:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 2001 S430
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2302 View Post
Hi,

With current knowledge I'd opt for brand new Bilstein Airmatic Struts as and when you need them, they will give you some warning before they "go south"

You [email protected]@r lol, I though I had the lowest mileage pre facelift W220 here at 34,000 miles

As Tusabes says, good deal at $10k

Cheers,
You are right about the struts. Just went through this over the course of the last two weeks. I tried two 150.00 dollar struts and my car road like I was in a lowrider. The 3rd one came from Arnott (300.00) and now the car is riding fine.

@Dave2302

It takes 4 parts. You need both DCM's + mirror switch from a car newer than an 01. And you also need the updated Instrument Cluster. You know you have one if you can get to the hidden menu. And they all need to be coded correctly. I think I have the right drivers DCM, but the passenger may be wrong. So I ordered 2 05's and hopefully they will be here Monday. I am really eager to see if it works.

To the your other post.

It seems that this option was on some 02 cars and more so on 03 and up. The heat/cool can be swapped out and recoded to work the correct buttons for the seats.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 2001 S430
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Well damn Dave! I found this thread by accident, but what an excellent accident it was. Did not know you had that much time and effort invested in the S500.

Great job!

I need to swap out my grill and hood ornament just like yours.
Dave2302 likes this.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi @johnksss ,

Thanks for confirming that. Maybe European Cars got this option a bit earlier ?

So my breaker Car which definitely has working "one touch" must have all these parts on it, I know it was a very late 2001 / early 02 registered compared to my own restored S Class, which is a mid 2001 reg.

I do have the "mirror fold upon locking" option on the cluster in my good Car, I already Version Coded that, but still they refused to work, obviously I now know I can swap the Mirror Switch pack and DCM's over using the heated / cooling Switches from my good car so here's hoping

Very busy right now, but I'll try and get the DCM's and Switches swapped soon

Cheers,

Dave

Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi @johnksss ,

It's been a long haul, and not being daily used yet, as I'm too busy to have finished the Paintwork yet, but it gets my trade plates on it and a good run up the Glen and back, around 32 miles, a couple or 3 times a month just to keep everything moving etc.

Have you actually read it from day one lol, get some popcorn and a flask of coffee / six pack of beers

Cheers,
johnksss likes this.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in