post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 2011 E 350 4matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Maybe I made a mistake

I bought a slightly used E300. It has a lot of extra features. I bought it because it was on the lot, low miles and I thought a good price. After I got the car, I noticed a dent in the center of the steering wheel. Where you would beep the horn. I asked the dealer if they would replace it and they said yes. When I brought the car back, I asked if they could fix some things under warranty. There was a big list. Turns out the part came in wrong so, I had to go back. They fixed about half of the requested items and told me that I didn't know how to work the car for the rest. At the time, it could have been true.

About 2 or 3 weeks later, I brought the car back. Now I do know how to work the car. Same list. They replaced cables and I don't know what else. When I picked up the car, everything was fixed. The next day a bunch was broken again.

Now I'm wondering if the problems will ever go away. Mostly electrical. I get parking warning all the time and warnings that I'm going to hit someone. I have a rattle in the dash. The windshield wipers shutter. In the morning when I get in the car, settings are changed. Sometimes the easy entry doesn't go back to the driving position. Sometimes the auto high beams don't work and then they'll start again.

I think there is a bare wire or water got in or maybe just a loose cable.

I traded in a perfectly good paid off E 350 which I should have kept or maybe a BMW?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1999 E430; 2005 ML500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
You don’t mentioned the year, but your thoughts were similar to mine with loose cable or flood car, with one other possibility: weak battery. Low voltage can cause all sorts of gremlins in modern cars.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:25 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2019
Vehicle: 2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
My first thought also was flood car. Not that it is the tell all but did you pull a car fax? We just pick up a 04 Ml350 for my daughter some how not exactly sure how she went to Carfax entered the VIN it asked "do you own this car" after saying yes she got a free report. If you have the title what does it say?

Seems in CT there is a washing of titles, so to speak, going on.

https://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?Q=596322&A=807

Hirnbeiss is have you checked battery/ies voltage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W213 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in