LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 2003 ML 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What do you think? 2007 E63 I'm looking at...

Looking at a 2007 E63 with 56000 miles, Full coverage transferable bumper to bumper warranty good to 11/2022 or 100k, Set of 19x8.5 Bremmerkraft rims with Pirelli Sottozero run flat winter tires, Original AMG rims with Michelin Pilot Sports, MBZ brake pads for when it requires new brakes (Not even 50% wear yet) and loaded with all options except the carbon ceramic brakes. Don't need the winter tires here in Phoenix!
I only drive about 8k-9k miles a year. He is asking $21,000. Good deal??
Ive been out of Mercedes for several years now and even then only owned an ML430 and then an ML500. Never had any issues with either one. Even the Skyview top on the ML430 didn't leak!
The warranty is very enticing, peace of mind shall we say.
Thoughts??
Thanks guys!

Sit back, Turn on the music, Enjoy the drive, and Buckle up out there.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chumlley; 03-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2018
Vehicle: 2008 E63 AMG w/ P30 | 1989 420SEL | 1983 500SEL Euro AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Doesn't look like the E55/E63 W211 forum is very active these days. Here's my two cents.

The warranty is great for peace of mind, but $21k is absurd for a 2007 even if it has 56k on the clock. That's almost worrying as some more expensive repairs have never occurred due to wear and tear as of yet (airmatic shocks every 100k-150k depending how bad the roads are where you are). If it has the P30 performance package (a must with the limited slip rear diff), then go buy it. If it doesn't, and you only drive 8k annually, you can find plenty of these that are further down the depreciation curve with 70-100k on them (just not necessarily local). The w211 E63 is a brilliant car, and other than replacing airmatic shocks, shouldn't give you any particular trouble (these were $90k-$105k MSRP after all). I bought my 08 E63 with P30 for under $10k a year ago with 166k on the clock, best buy of my life. It was well maintained at a dealer and at an indy shop, and a southern car which all helped. Good luck, and find one with the P30, it makes a difference with 507 HP! And the P30-specific (also AMG) two piece wheels are better looking imo. Only way to tell for sure is if there are alcantara inserts on the steering wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in