Welcome to the W211AMG E-class forum... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 07:40 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also the now...

seemingly defunct mbworld.org groups its W210 & W211 AMGs together without any "bloodshed"![:D] Thanks Drew for the welcome. -HarleyB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Date registered: Jul 2002
Vehicle: '00 ML320 Elegance
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That's a little different...

Quote:
as SLK 32 AMG owners and SLK 230 & SLK 320 owners all seem to get along and have a lot of cross-model discussions.
-HarleyB
E55 owners requested this separate forum, which is why it's here. Additionally, the SLK forums are still still separated by model year (e.g. R170, R171) [:)]
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
Re: Also the now...

Quote:
seemingly defunct mbworld.org groups its W210 & W211 AMGs together without any "bloodshed"![:D] Thanks Drew for the welcome. -HarleyB
Yeah... I would like them to be separate. Although I have no ill will towards W210 owners, the differences between the cars are significant and I don't like wading through a bunch of stuff to find something appropriate. W210 E55 information is more appropriate to the W208 CLK55 and W202 C43 than to the W211 E55 (my W208 and W202 AMG cars have MANY parts in common with the W210 E55).

-s-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: '04 E55, '04 SL55
regarding the active bi xenons, I know several owners in Europe that have them but no conf...

regarding the active bi xenons, I know several owners in Europe that have them but no confirmation if the 04 US version has this option - any US '04 E55 owners care to comment? Supposedly you can verify this by starting up facing a wall or garage door and you will see the lights go through a test mode with some side to side oscillation.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 09:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2004 E55-1970 280SEC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine was the first 04 at my dealer and it didn't come with the Active Cornering Lights.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Active cornering is an option...

Quote:
regarding the active bi xenons, I know several owners in Europe that have them but no confirmation if the 04 US version has this option - any US '04 E55 owners care to comment?
You do have to pay a few hundred extra for it. I have yet to see it in person either, but my dealer only has one '04 in right now.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 01:22 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2010 GLK350 4matic->2012 E550 4matic
Active cornering demonstration in Vancouver BC

Quote:
You do have to pay a few hundred extra for it. I have yet to see it in person either, but my dealer only has one '04 in right now.
I'll be more than happy to show anyone in BC this feature on my 2004 E55.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'll have to take you up on that one day...

Quote:
Eric! I didn't realise that it was you, LOL. You've finally taken delivery of the E55 eh?

On another note, I see that you have an Odyssey now as well. Regarding the foglamps, there are certain solutions that cost FAR less than $500 (yikes).
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2010 GLK350 4matic->2012 E550 4matic
Anytime for the get together!

Quote:
Quote:
Eric! I didn't realise that it was you, LOL. You've finally taken delivery of the E55 eh?

On another note, I see that you have an Odyssey now as well. Regarding the foglamps, there are certain solutions that cost FAR less than $500 (yikes).
Yes, that was me and finally the E55! This whole 'exercise' has taken almost 20 months!

Much thanks for the thoughts on the Odyssey. It's a leased vehicle so we're trying to avoid spending too much money on it!

And every time I see your signature I keep thinking it would be a terrible waste not to pick this lighting expert's brain... Thanks for the tip, any good shop you would recommend?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Great!...

I'll have to e-mail you to see when you're free! I'd love to see the E55. It has been a while since I've experienced one [:)]

Quote:
Yes, that was me and finally the E55! This whole 'exercise' has taken almost 20 months!
I take it that the R230 is gone then? Do you want me to change your username? LOL.

Quote:
Much thanks for the thoughts on the Odyssey. It's a leased vehicle so we're trying to avoid spending too much money on it!
Ah I understand. Well the good news is that it is highly likely that you can gut the foglamps once it comes time to turn in the vehicle, and then reuse it on another vehicle in the future.

Quote:
And every time I see your signature I keep thinking it would be a terrible waste not to pick this lighting expert's brain... Thanks for the tip, any good shop you would recommend?
I'm not particularly familiar with a shop for this sort of thing, though eons ago, my parents did go to a shop to get foglamps installed in their vehicle (which is long gone). Depending on the mounting points, chances are that you can do it yourself.

As for the switch, I have a simple solution which requires no drilling through the firewall or mounting a switch on the interior panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in