Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 E-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/)
-   -   SBC Count question? (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/3030106-sbc-count-question.html)

arcteryx 06-23-2019 08:25 PM

SBC Count question?

2 Attachment(s)
I had the white BRAKE visit workshop on my cluster. I thought it was the rear pads so I changed them but while in therethere they looked ok so I put on new ones anyhow. I did the fronts about 7K ago so knew that was not it. Scanner was showing a SBC error so I ended up putting it in the dealer. Brakes were working fine though. Dealer confirmed an internal error and put on a new pump under warranty. I suspect it was a software issue, maybe the counts were reached? The PO had the pump replaced about 4 years ago, so??

Anyway, my scanner can get the counts of the pump so I did a before and after the new pump. Why is the pump not set back to zero? As you can see, before was 746433 and after was 331779.

Noodles 06-24-2019 04:35 AM

Just a guess but perhaps MB forgot to reset the pump unit they put in.
They are using reman units for this work so my guess is that that count
is from the reman unit.

Kajtek1 06-25-2019 08:43 AM

Good question to ask your SA.
They reset 1/2 of the count? That sucks.
MB part person told me that what is sold as "remanufactured" parts are actually new parts, but getting the core back prevents aftermarket doing monkey jobs on them.

shertex 06-26-2019 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodles (Post 17822904)
Just a guess but perhaps MB forgot to reset the pump unit they put in.
They are using reman units for this work so my guess is that that count
is from the reman unit.

That makes sense. I wonder if the best thing to do is simply to reset the counter to zero. Can the Foxwell do that?

Kajtek1 06-26-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shertex (Post 17824852)
Can the Foxwell do that?

That's the question you might have to find answer for.
I have the button on my MaxiEcu, but sold the car with SBC and never used it.
With scanners you have to find their possibilities the hard way.

Noodles 06-26-2019 10:17 AM

The Foxwell can not as far as I know.

MB SDS in developer mode can, but brush up on your German reading skills.

There are also a myriad of SBC counter reset tools available on eBAy and Ali, but those I put in the use at your own risk category.

arcteryx 06-26-2019 07:48 PM

I do not think it can. It's not a big deal, I have a new pump and know the starting point, but was curious. I may reach out to the SA and see what he says.

Noodles 06-27-2019 08:51 AM

We know the pump was replaced, but what if the number of counts is already seen by the SBC control unit?
That unit is what tracks and then condemns the pump based on actuations. If that is the case you got repaired
SBC system, but it may already appear to the SBC control unit that about 40% of your actuations have happened.
I would ask the dealer if that is not a big deal as it may still be covered under the 25 year extension. Or can they
zero out the counter?