LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trunk opens and alarm goes off randomly

First let me say no I’m not pressing the button like some ppl on other forums have suggested.... I’ll have both keys the chrome and all black one sitting in my key bowl and it will go off randomly

But hello everyone i have a 2003 e320 which will randomly wake me up during all hours of the night with the alarm going off and the trunk wide open. I’ll go out and close it and some times 3 mins or even 20 mins ( the time changes all the time) the alarm will go off and I’ll have to get out of bed and go close it. I’ve had the aux battery replaced, as i was having issues with the car having a mind of its own this last week and randomly locking when ever it wants, the radio coming in randomly, And having the lights dim and flicker on the inside while I’m sitting in the car while it’s completely off in park. At this point I’m begging someone for a real solution for this problem because I’ve spent so much money trying to figure out this problem and no one seems to have a answer. At all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1965 Post(s)
Having electronic and mechanical gremlins as possibility, I would eliminate mechanical ones by locking the trunk with blade, so electronics can't open it.
The procedure require turning the blade and pulling it out at 90 degree turn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpay View Post
First let me say no I’m not pressing the button like some ppl on other forums have suggested.... I’ll have both keys the chrome and all black one sitting in my key bowl and it will go off randomly

But hello everyone i have a 2003 e320 which will randomly wake me up during all hours of the night with the alarm going off and the trunk wide open. I’ll go out and close it and some times 3 mins or even 20 mins ( the time changes all the time) the alarm will go off and I’ll have to get out of bed and go close it. I’ve had the aux battery replaced, as i was having issues with the car having a mind of its own this last week and randomly locking when ever it wants, the radio coming in randomly, And having the lights dim and flicker on the inside while I’m sitting in the car while it’s completely off in park. At this point I’m begging someone for a real solution for this problem because I’ve spent so much money trying to figure out this problem and no one seems to have a answer. At all.
You are driving vehicle with ~34 control modules networked together. There is no simple solution.

What have you done so far?

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpay View Post
First let me say no I€™️m not pressing the button like some ppl on other forums have suggested.... I€™️ll have both keys the chrome and all black one sitting in my key bowl and it will go off randomly

But hello everyone i have a 2003 e320 which will randomly wake me up during all hours of the night with the alarm going off and the trunk wide open. I€™️ll go out and close it and some times 3 mins or even 20 mins ( the time changes all the time) the alarm will go off and I€™️ll have to get out of bed and go close it. I€™️ve had the aux battery replaced, as i was having issues with the car having a mind of its own this last week and randomly locking when ever it wants, the radio coming in randomly, And having the lights dim and flicker on the inside while I€™️m sitting in the car while it€™️s completely off in park. At this point I€™️m begging someone for a real solution for this problem because I€™️ve spent so much money trying to figure out this problem and no one seems to have a answer. At all.
You are driving vehicle with ~34 control modules networked together. There is no simple solution.

What have you done so far?
Replaced the front seat motor and replaced the aux and rear battery
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
Having electronic and mechanical gremlins as possibility, I would eliminate mechanical ones by locking the trunk with blade, so electronics can't open it.
The procedure require turning the blade and pulling it out at 90 degree turn.
i did that hope that’s all i need at this point because i just put 2k getting it inspected getting a new battery And got new tires and the guy put the battery in wrong and it was giving me all times of different errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in