W211 2006 E320 CDI - Engine Mount Replacement - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2017
Vehicle: 2006 cdi, 1993 500e
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
You should note here too. That Lemforder catalog has less variations than Mercedes for the cars. I think it's one of the M117's MB had 2 dozen different mounts. Lemforder had 3. So it gets confusing ordering them. Make sure you get ones for the OM648 and not just "CDI". The OM642 is a CDI also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:49 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2012
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
OMG. I love Lemfroeder parts, but if you try to correlate their part numbers with those of MB, you will not be clear that you have the right parts. (but they might be right enough)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 PM
ot1
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 2006 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangit View Post
Found this on another post.
The white is the rubber dust cover. It tends to fade after a while. It's not a hard job to do but it's a little difficult particularly on the passenger side. There is no room to work and you have to remove the 4 bolts which fasten the bracket to the engine and remove and reinstall both the mount and the bracket as one assembly. It does make a big difference in terms of vibration and noise, I changed mine (all 3) at around 130K. Based on the fresh air intake hose, the engine now sits about 3/4" (19 mm) higher than it did before I replaced the mounts. I used to get this strange "thump" when the transmission shifted down and replacing the mounts solved that problem also.
Did you actually do it yourself replace the engine mount on the right side, there is the CAT, guess its a CAT, bolted to the turbo, which is preventing removing the mount. How did you handle it? The WIS is a joke for the 648 engine and year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:09 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2012
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Yes I replaced both mounts myself as a have a lot of posters. See my post #6 earlier in this thread. I did not remove the 4 bolt bracket. No need to. I reference a 16MM flex head box ratchet that made it possible. If you cannot find the 16MM, try a 5/8.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 08:25 AM
ot1
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2007
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschuss_Bill View Post
Yikes. I hate it when we go backwards. I agree with you, it looks like Lowes is phasing these out in metric and SAE. I could not find the 5/8 wrench either.

Go for the Amazon wrench, besides it's cheaper! I could not dream of doing this job without this tool. Post your experience!

I did the job but removed the 2 stud hanger clip on the exhaust pipe just aft of the CAT/exhaust clamp and it did remove stress from the hanger because the holes were not aligned after I jacked up the engine.

I found the Gearwrench (9710) 5/8" by itself at Menards which is a chain hardware store in the midwest.

5/8" = .0625, 16mm = .063" so there is no wrench slop and having a flex head wrench makes this job easy peasy! This wrench (9710) is not a stubby flex which I believe would not have been long enough to crack the bolt.

In another thread there was mention of a heat shield for the right side (211-241-0834) a drawing of this part looks like it might attach to the motor mount/bracket upper bolt. Both of my new OEM MB mounts included white rubber shields feels like maybe silicon rubber. My original left side did not have the rubber cover, now it does.

Did you have this metal heat shield?
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:24 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1997 E230 sedan
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
2003 e320 cdi MOTOR MOUNTS

Hi guys.
I am a USAF major stationed in Venezuela. We have a 2003 MB E320 CDI for personal use but it needs some attention. Both the motor mounts are damaged as well as the tranny support. I have been unable to get precise info for the parts because apparently diesel cars receive little mention in Amazon, Ebay, etc.
I am needing the exact part numbers for the motor supports and the transmission support.
Also, are they interchangeable with other models because we have some supports here a the embassy from prior cars, new in the box, but none apply to diesel models that we can ascertain. In essence, I am asking if there are easier to find supports for this car than the ones specially made for it?
Thanks in advance for any help provided!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '71 Pinto
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventexan View Post
2003 MB E320 CDI I am asking if there are easier to find supports for this car than the ones specially made for it?
Current OEM front left 2112400417, right 2112403017; rear 2122400318.

Quote:
supports here a the embassy from prior cars, new in the box
OEM compatible part #s (before replaced to current part #s) front left 2112401617, right 2032402117; rear 2202400118.

Quote:
In essence, I am asking if there are easier to find supports for this car than the ones specially made for it?
Shop current OEM part #s for aftermarket availability.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:26 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1997 E230 sedan
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks a million Konigstiger!
I found a set on Ebay right away!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2017
Vehicle: 2006 cdi, 1993 500e
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Please avoid part for this other than lemforder. It's been noted before the confusion between Lemforder MB #s and what the dealership lists. Well, the aftermarket may use a part in more applications than MB originally suggested. Most of the other brands have been proven unreliable and or omit the silicone filling.

On M117 motors, I think MB listed 17 different mounts and Lemforder boiled it down to 3 or maybe it was 5.

Yes 5/8 or 16mm are both good.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:28 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2019
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legodude View Post
Please avoid part for this other than lemforder....

...Most of the other brands have been proven unreliable and or omit the silicone filling.
I’m having a couple different hums and vibrations and I’m wondering if the PO of my car used lower quality mounts (9 months/ 3k miles ago) could they explain the vibrations?
When I changed out the flex disks & carrier bearing, I inspected the transmission mount and it looked fine. It didn’t have any markings on it so I don’t know what brand it is. The white covers on the motor mounts don’t look new even though the mounts only have 3k miles on them. Makes me think they used cheap mounts that didn’t come with the white covers.
I know everyone on the forum says to buy quality mounts but I haven’t found a post where someone buys a cheap mount and gets vibrations that are then immediately solved by quality mounts. Does that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in