Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e50-amg-e55-amg/)
-   -   E55 BAS Problem (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e50-amg-e55-amg/3010610-e55-bas-problem.html)

s38junkie 11-26-2018 05:10 AM

E55 BAS Problem
 
I have a 2001 E55 with 124K miles that seems to be randomly activating the BAS at highway speeds when lightly touching the brakes. This means I am getting full brake when I am only applying very light brake pressure and it momentarily triggers the ABS to prevent the front wheels from locking. It releases brakes and deactivates the BAS a second after I take my foot off the brake pedal. I have no BAS / EPS warning lights in the dash.

Obviously, this is dangerous and I have unplugged the BAS / EPS module. Any ideas where to start trouble shooting? I think these cars also have yaw and steering angle sensors that are inputs for the BAS / EPS?

Thanks in advance!

illstplaya 11-27-2018 06:05 PM

You should post this question in the regular W210 forum because there's a lot more people there. There's nothing specific to the E55 regarding BAS or ABS so it's OK to post over there.

s38junkie 11-28-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illstplaya (Post 17619134)
You should post this question in the regular W210 forum because there's a lot more people there. There's nothing specific to the E55 regarding BAS or ABS so it's OK to post over there.

Will do. Thanks for the tip!

JOE55 12-03-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s38junkie (Post 17617442)
I have a 2001 E55 with 124K miles that seems to be randomly activating the BAS at highway speeds when lightly touching the brakes. This means I am getting full brake when I am only applying very light brake pressure and it momentarily triggers the ABS to prevent the front wheels from locking. It releases brakes and deactivates the BAS a second after I take my foot off the brake pedal. I have no BAS / EPS warning lights in the dash.

Obviously, this is dangerous and I have unplugged the BAS / EPS module. Any ideas where to start trouble shooting? I think these cars also have yaw and steering angle sensors that are inputs for the BAS / EPS?

Thanks in advance!

Did you scan for errors and what are the error codes?

Also did you recently changed your battery and forgot to reset the BAS.

s38junkie 12-04-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOE55 (Post 17624734)
Did you scan for errors and what are the error codes?

Also did you recently changed your battery and forgot to reset the BAS.

I'm not getting any error codes or warning lights on the dash.

I suspect it is either the membrane travel sensor and / or the brake booster. Is it possible to replace just the travel sensor? Anyone have the correct part #?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.