You were fortunate the damage was not more severe.
Frankly 99% of the time the reason the belt sheredded was failure of one or both of two other parts: old style belt tensioner, and/or idler pulley. Replacement of the fan clutch should not be neccessary.
1) Belt tensioner: the OE replacement (recommended) is made by Litens and is aftermarket $120. China no-name/quasi brand (not recoemmended) are like $60 and beware most retail auto parts stores only sell the China made for up to a lot of money. The China one has serious failure issues. The updated style Litens (original style was short lived) will last the rest of your life.
2) The idler pulley/wheel OE is Luk/Ina at $21, the China no-brand/quasi brand can be as low as $10, and are also marketed under many retail store brands. I can offer no comment since I have never used anything other than Luk/Ina - which has about 100K mile life. Gates has a 3rd version for a bit over $30 "tech" design, I have never used that either.
3) Belt: Conti or even Gates should be like under $35
4) Fan Blade: Febi makes a OK replacement like $55. MB brand OE is like $55 on parts.com. China made replacements are like $35. I have used the Febi with no issues.
5) Fan clutch: this is a viscous clutch so if it starts failing it slips, never seizes. The Sach OE is like $250, the China made sh*t replacement is as low as $80 and no-brand/quaisi brand marketed for up to $200.
6) Fan clutch 2pc tool set: 2PCS Mercedes Benz Fan Clutch Wrench Water Pump Holder | eBay
Most oft mentioned parts sources autohausaz.com, Sunday night order on in stock parts will ship out Monday, or parts.com for MB parts.
Keep the faith !