STS Universal Remote Turbo Kits For 3K? Has anyone outfitted this system? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2001 E55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
STS Universal Remote Turbo Kits For 3K? Has anyone outfitted this system?

Hi, I was just Reading Lcats post about F/I options. I checked out the link in that post (Squires Turbo Systems - Turbocharged Innovation) and I was Blown away! Is this really the F/I kit we've all been waiting for? This remote Turbo kit looks like a real kick-ass set-up! For 3k (plus install) it sure seems much more approachable than a Kleeman job. My question is: Has anyone had this system on thier 2000/2001 E55? I dropped them a line and they said that they have a set-up for ANY vehicle. Just looking for feedback and feasibility on this set-up while i do a little research of my own. Any info or feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.

Comments & Suggestions

STS Universal Turbo System

Is your vehicle WANTED! - click here for details!

Universal Stage 3 Kit (shown above)

Purchase

Testimonials

Installation Pictures

Options & Upgrades

Whether you have a Street Rod, Hot Rod, Muscle Car, Race Car, Drift Car, Show Car, RV, Motorcycle or any other type of vehicle - the STS Universal Turbo System is the answer you've been looking for to Turbocharging your ride!

With the patented STS remote mounting technology, installing a turbocharger on any vehicle has never been easier. Being able to put the turbocharger anywhere that you can find room for it, rather than having to make room for it under the hood, has opened up the possibility of turbocharging many vehicles that before now would have been a nightmare of fabrication and modifications.

So if you are a fabricator capable of plumbing up intake and exhaust tubing, or you have a favorite exhaust shop that can help you run the tubing, you can turbocharge your vehicle using the STS Universal Turbo System. STS Power Dealers, installation shops, and even individuals all over the country have built their own turbo systems using the STS Universal Kit. Many of the fastest STS vehicles in the country are running the STS Universal Kit.

So whether you are looking for some stealth power by hiding the turbo under the back of the car, scoring extra points at the car shows with a truly unique remote-mounted turbo, getting more power per pound of boost with the coolest intake charges in the industry, or you just can't find a bolt on turbo system for your application - now you can enjoy the awesome power and incredible sound that only an STS Turbo can provide, and you can have that pride that only comes from doing it yourself.

Please keep in mind that the difference between the three Stage options is the "completeness" of the kit. It does not refer in any way to the amount of horsepower that the kit can create. For example, if you prefer to use your own clamps, hoses, and other basic install parts, you would probably just purchase a Stage I kit. If you would like to purchase everything needed for the system install (except the intake and exhaust tubing that must be customized to your application), then you would purchase a Stage III kit. The details of what is included in each Stage are shown below:

Universal Stage I - $1995 MSRP
Turbo (application specific)
Wastegate, 38mm
Turbo Flange Kit
Bolt Kit
Brass Kit
Oil Pump
Oil Check Valve
Instruction Manual

Universal Stage II - $2495 MSRP
Wastegate, 38mm
Wastegate Pipe
Wiring Harness
Air Filter
Dry-charger
Hose Kit
Silicone Kit
Clamp Kit
Turbo Flange Kit
Bolt Kit
Brass Kit
Oil Pump
Oil Check Valve
Instruction Manual

Universal Stage III - $2995 MSRP
Wastegate, 38mm
Wastegate Pipe
Wiring Harness
Silicone Kit
Air Filter
Dry-charger
Hose Kit
Clamp Kit
Turbo Flange Kit
Bolt Kit
Brass Kit
Oil Pump
Oil Check Valve
Pipe Kit
PCV System
Pressure Switch
Instruction Manual

Please note that the turbo which is included with your Universal Kit will be sized specifically for your application and horsepower goals.

CLICK HERE to watch this entire Trucks! episode

Squires Turbo Systems 165 North 1330 West Orem, UT 84057 USA

1-866-WE-TURBO [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Count me in )))
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 99 E55 92 400se
I reached out to them and they told me that they don't have a kit fitted to our car but that their universal kit should fit without any major modifications.

I also remember a thread on the 500e forums that someone was about to do this on their 500e and that it was very doable.

I'm interested as well so maybe we can bug STS to make a set up for us??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:16 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
someone local needs to donate their car so they can fab it up and test. i sent them an email as well but i'm in Jersey.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 99 E55 92 400se
Thats 4 of us so far!!!

Who else! lets get this done
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Let someone else take the plunge first guys. These people have no clue how to tune a MB ECU but they also sat that tuning is a must for all applications. Ask them if they willling to put the test car on a dyno with A/F ratio logging.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2000 E55
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I talked to them about a year ago...their basic kit is only a turbo (which they couldn't tell me what kind) and some piping...no fuel or engine management included in that price. It would be nice is someone like VRP tuning did a joint venture with STS...then you know you would get a properly tuned chip...and properly tuned fuel mods. I emailed both companies to see if they could team up to make an M113 system. Imagine the interest both these companies would have if they teamed up and made a reliable system in the $5-6K range that put out Kleeman power for 1/3rd the price?

Last edited by Tacjam; 11-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:59 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 2001 E55AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacjam View Post
I talked to them about a year ago...their basic kit is only a turbo (which they couldn't tell me what kind) and some piping...no fuel or engine management included in that price. It would be nice is someone like VRP tuning did a joint venture with STS...then you know you would get a properly tuned chip...and properly tuned fuel mods. I emailed both companies to see if they could team up to make an M113 system. Imagine the interest both these companies would have if they teamed up and made a reliable system in the $5-6K range that put out Kleeman power for 1/3rd the price?
I am with you guys, I will be very interested. I would have offered my car but I am in Miami, I wonder if they have a trusted affiliate here in FL .
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Fast55 "Let someone else take the plunge first guys. These people have no clue how to tune a MB ECU but they also sat that tuning is a must for all applications. Ask them if they willling to put the test car on a dyno with A/F ratio logging."
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am working with STS to complete an install on a 2000 E55. STS has been completely upfront AND honest about their lack of knowledge regarding how to tune the MB ecu so there is no need to disparage them on that count. They made that clear to you Fast55. STS has been instrumental in guiding me to talented people who were willing to decode the MB ecu. Thorough dyno tuning of partial throttle maps is absolutely necessary for a project like this. Full throttle is amazingly simple but lets face it we spend very little time at full throttle. I prefer not to say anything more until it's complete. If all goes well, I shall post photos and details regarding install, performance, etc. Things are on hold pending the close of the SEMA show as the talented folks behind this project are there representing.

All the best,

SilverArrow

ps. First, this route will most likely NOT be cheaper than a comparable HPS setup but it has the benefit of reduced engine bay temps which kill gaskets and wiring insulation and it does not suck the ~100+ HP from the engine that a supercharger does. I am not in this project to save money. I am in it to hopefully embarrass Kleeman setups as well as modified W211's. Second, it is unlikely that you will see a package come from this setup...Too little interest (only 4 people here??) I shall however be happy to lend guidance. If the resulting performance comes even close to that of some of my other "gently" modified cars I shall be very happy indeed as this is my only 4 door.

Last edited by SilverarrowE55; 11-06-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: ps....
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2000 E55
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
That's why I suggested they get with VRP...someone that knows how to tune a Mercedes Benz...also I can't see a STS single Turbo kit costing $10,000....I guess we can add them to the, "rip off Mercedes Benz owners club!" That's what they charge for twin turbo setups for Vettes!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in